295/70r18 install

Ironpig37

Reaction score
Well in a few hours I'm taking the truck in to install some bigger tires . After research I'm going with the Hancock dynapro xt in the 295/70r18. Equates to 34.3 inches and 11.8 inches wide . Hoping that it gives the truck the look I want , I will post pictures when I get it back from the shop

Well in a few hours I'm taking the truck in to install some bigger tires . After research I'm going with the Hancock dynapro xt in the 295/70r18. Equates to 34.3 inches and 11.8 inches wide . Hoping that it gives the truck the look I want , I will post pictures when I get it back from the shop
If you don’t mind, snap some pics at full lock. I’m curious how these tires play with real suspension articulation.

Make sure you pick up some saw blades and give that front bumper and rear wheel well liner a good trim job.

I did a detailed post on the same size tires and you won't have an clearance for full lock and any mild offroading. You'll be glad when your done and save yourself thousands on repair bills.

Make sure you pick up some saw blades and give that front bumper and rear wheel well liner a good trim job.

I did a detailed post on the same size tires and you won't have an clearance for full lock and any mild offroading. You'll be glad when your done and save yourself thousands on repair bills.
Aww man really? Damn .....I know 35s would definitely require alterations but I was hoping these would squeek by . Literally in the shop right now getting installed

Aww man really? Damn .....I know 35s would definitely require alterations but I was hoping these would squeek by . Literally in the shop right now getting installed
Mine end up being a little over 34 inches tall and about 12 inches wide. I did do 9 inch -18 offset rims, which is equivalent to 1.5 inch spacers. You may not get much rubbing in normal conditions, but any notable terrain or dips when turning is when it rubs hard.

I brought my set up home from Tire place to install myself, because I knew it wouldn't take much to tear it up. Took me a little planning and some experimenting, but no more rubbing. That's on moderately aggressive offoad terrain. I still think there is risk in heavy offroading.

So these tires come in at 11.6 inches wide so maybe, just maybe, I might have luck. Fortunately, I really don't do offroading with the truck due to where I live there's really no access to trails . I'll keep you posted once I pick the truck up 🤞

Reactions: AXE
Here's what I did, it's not hard. If you don't have tools or skills, grab a buddy relative to help. Trimming will allow you to run spacers too, which makes the stance a lot better.

Here's what I did, it's not hard. If you don't have tools or skills, grab a buddy relative to help. Trimming will allow you to run spacers too, which makes the stance a lot better.

Dude that looks sharp , I really like those wheels...ya speaking of spacers I was thinking of getting 1.5" spacers to widen out the footprint a bit. I'd like to get aftermarket wheels eventually but one project at a time. Shit gets expensive lol. Nice job though, truck looks like it's supposed to

So these tires come in at 11.6 inches wide so maybe, just maybe, I might have luck. Fortunately, I really don't do offroading with the truck due to where I live there's really no access to trails . I'll keep you posted once I pick the truck up 🤞
You'll notice it if you're making hard tuns in and out of driveways or approaches. Especially when backing. If you don't hear or feel it, your fine.

I'll leave you with this word of caution. It's only minor rubbing sitting in your driveway, everywhere else it will be worse.
Dude that looks sharp , I really like those wheels...ya speaking of spacers I was thinking of getting 1.5" spacers to widen out the footprint a bit. I'd like to get aftermarket wheels eventually but one project at a time. Shit gets expensive lol. Nice job though, truck looks like it's supposed to
Thanks! Yeah, they are always a money pit. I haven't run stock setups for decades. I take really good care of my stuff and find a way to sell them for top dollar, so total cost doesn't bother me as much in long run.

The guys that did the spacers have really nice looking setups with stock tires and wheels.

I have used BORA spacers in the past, as I believe they are the best USA made option. I have used them on HD setups and know they are durable. About $250 per pair, or $500ish.

Well ,scratch that plan ....guy just called me from the tire shop ...the new tire installed was about a 1/16 " from hitting the upper control arm. Damnit , back to the drawing board

Don't we already know the answer to this?
Definitively no.

Most information with upsizing tires involves spacers and aftermarket wheels.

As the offset decreases so does tire clearance. I’d like to review information on factory wheels on factory offset.

My mustang (new edge) runs a 1.5” positive offset to clear 315’s on the rear. ( Weldcraftwheels.com )

Although, in my gut I figure 285/70’s is all that will “really” fit. Possibly 305/65’s but that’s a very wide tire for an 8.5” rim.

Definitively no.

Most information with upsizing tires involves spacers and aftermarket wheels.

As the offset decreases so does tire clearance. I’d like to review information on factory wheels on factory offset.

My mustang (new edge) runs a 1.5” positive offset to clear 315’s on the rear. ( Weldcraftwheels.com )

Although, in my gut I figure 285/70’s is all that will “really” fit. Possibly 305/65’s but that’s a very wide tire for an 8.5” rim.
I have 305/65’s on my ZR2 for great on stock rims.

Attachments

• E8B2FB04-982C-456D-86E7-1AB1ADF5FC1C.jpeg
    E8B2FB04-982C-456D-86E7-1AB1ADF5FC1C.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 220
Gentlemen,

Just get your cutting tools out and make this a proper rig! Once you mess with the stock setup in any manner you won't have the same ride quality anyway. May as well get the damn thing set up.

Swing by my place and bring me a jug of whisky and I'll have you running what you want in two hours.

Last edited:
I'd like to throw the 35" version of the stock tire on the stock wheel, not a fan of aftermarket wheels for some reason.
i had a tire place tell me 295/60/20 may fit with an OEM rim and bf goodrich tires. would def like to fill wheel well up.

Most Member Reactions

Back