Antenna Replacement

The following products are discussed and approved in this thread. Thank you to @securityguy @WestCoastWake and @8ball_99 for the testing and suggestions.

61nt48MGYfL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

71NCdOHXjhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So, after having the stock antenna scrape along a few parking garages that support 7' tall vehicles, I decided to get this. I like it MUCH better and love its small size.

View attachment 1554
View attachment 1555

I have had a '77 an 83' an '89 a '02 and a '15 all Silverado's and now my '22 ZR2 this is the first upgrade I get and even had the antenna before my ZR2 showed up this time lol. How is the reception on this one? The upgrade I got this time seems to not have great reception.

I have had a '77 an 83' an '89 a '02 and a '15 all Silverado's and now my '22 ZR2 this is the first upgrade I get and even had the antenna before my ZR2 showed up this time lol. How is the reception on this one? The upgrade I got this time seems to not have great reception.
I don’t listen to AM or FM so that was not a concern of mine. The reviews are very good though.

Yep much needed. I also had a replacement short antenna bought and sitting on the shelf waiting, before I even got my truck. Lol

This is the one I put on mine. Seems to work.
Tekk Short Antenna Compatible with 2007-2023 Chvey Silverado (M7 Thread) | Designed for Optimized FM/AM Reception | 4.8 Inches https://a.co/d/2FU0IAU

I put this one on mine. Seems to work well, but I'll be honest I rarely listen to the radio. Looks fantastic. Don't have a pic but can post one later if desired.

Guys with these antennas, now that you have had them a few months, do you still like and recommend? Im looking for a shorter antenna, doesn’t have to be 5”, but also want decent reception. Thanks!

Guys with these antennas, now that you have had them a few months, do you still like and recommend? Im looking for a shorter antenna, doesn’t have to be 5”, but also want decent reception. Thanks!
I never use radio so when I removed one from my Lightning I barely even noticed :) Didn't even put a shorty on it. Just unscrewed the factory one.

Yeah loving mine, looks great. Can’t really tell you how the reception is overall as I almost exclusively use CarPlay. But the few times I tried FM it worked great, I’m also right in the city though.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back