After-Market Paint

squirrellysteve

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a brand new 2024 ZR2 that I sent to the PPF installer for PPF and Ceramic Coating. When applying the PPF to the hood, they had some trouble with the black hood scoop and ended up damaging the paint on the hood. Consequently, they need to have it repainted at a professional body shop, which needs to cure it for 30 days before they can lay the PPF on again. Fortunately, they are bearing all expenses related to repainting and adding extra PPF to compensate for the inconvenience.

As it is a brand-new truck, it's fair to say I'm disappointed. Is there anything I need to keep an eye on when having it repainted? Seeking all advice possible so they don't cut any corners and the truck comes home looking brand-new.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys,

I have a brand new 2024 ZR2 that I sent to the PPF installer for PPF and Ceramic Coating. When applying the PPF to the hood, they had some trouble with the black hood scoop and ended up damaging the paint on the hood. Consequently, they need to have it repainted at a professional body shop, which needs to cure it for 30 days before they can lay the PPF on again. Fortunately, they are bearing all expenses related to repainting and adding extra PPF to compensate for the inconvenience.

As it is a brand-new truck, it's fair to say I'm disappointed. Is there anything I need to keep an eye on when having it repainted? Seeking all advice possible so they don't cut any corners and the truck comes home looking brand-new.

Thanks in advance.
Look for bad orange peel...poor clear coat and any defects in the paint or clear coat. If it's a solid body shop, it shouldn't be an issue at all. It sucks but it is what it is at this point. Happy the PPF shop is doing right by you!

Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Check the whole truck for overspray. A good shop will cover the truck to avoid getting overspray. Cheap shops spray and hope there is no overspray. The roof would be the first place to check when you get it back from paint.

They won’t paint the hood on the truck. They will blow color into the center and clear the whole panel. That way you can blend within the hood and not have color issues to the fenders. I wouldn’t worry about overspray that being said.

Just make sure they de nib it and you’ll never know it happened.

Best of luck

Most Member Reactions

Back