BAK Revolver X4s Installed

AXE

Reaction score
I installed this BAK Revolver X4s on the HD ZR2. I got it from Real Truck in 3 days for about $1200 shipped. It came out of a warehouse in Utah for those in the Western US.

It was a pretty easy install, just a little tedious installing rails and clamps. Would be easier with another set of hands to hold rail in place while clamps are installed.

Looks really nice and clean with no seams. Matte finish on semi soft vinyl that feels grippy. Supposed to hold a fair amount of weight, but that vinyl would likely tear or get roughed up easily.

Rubber seals seem to lay nice and flat on rails. I don't care for the front seal relying on narrow weather stripping. Might install some better weather stripping up front that's wider.

If you lay in the bed with cover rolled out and push up, it is a little loose compared to the three piece units. I hope it doesn't sag over the long haul.

Rolls up and stores out of the way really easily. Keeps rear view mostly open.

Overall, I really like it. I how it stands up to the test of time.

Attachments

• 20231113_115108.jpg
    20231113_115108.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20231113_114308.jpg
    20231113_114308.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20231113_114331.jpg
    20231113_114331.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20231113_114427.jpg
    20231113_114427.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I installed this BAK Revolver X4s on the HD ZR2. I got it from Real Truck in 3 days for about $1200 shipped. It came out of ac warehouse in Utah for those in the Western US.

It was a pretty easy install, just a little tedious installing trails and clamps. Would be easier with another set of hands to hold real in place while clamps are installed.

Looks really nice and clean with no seams. Matte finish on semi soft vinyl that feels grippy. Supposed to hold a fair amount of weight, but that vinyl would likely tear or get roughed up easily.

Rubber seals seem to lay nice and flat on rails. I don't care for the front seal relying on narrow weather stripping. Might install some better weather stripping up front that wider.

If you lay in the bed with cover rolled out and push up, it is a little loose compared to the three piece units. I how it don't sag over the long haul.

Rolls up and stores out of the way really easily. Keeps rear view mostly open.

Overall,I really like it. I how it stands up to the test of time.
I have had this on my 1500 ZR2 for about a year now and love this cover.

Reactions: AXE
Can you hear any vibration from the cover? I have the roll n lock and I can hear the metal slats “clinking” if I have my back glass open.

I had that model (their older version) on a previous truck and loved it. That is, until summer heat caused the felt strips on the underside to fall off. They sent me replacement strips so I could put them on, instead of a full replacement. They never made it back on. Then the corners near the tailgate started peeling up and cuts/tears in the vinyl top began to appear. Wasn't real happy... When I bought my next truck, I went with the 3 piece design. I've had much better luck with that version on 2 trucks.

I had that model on a previous truck and loved it. That is, until summer heat caused the felt strips on the underside to fall off. They sent me replacement strips so I could put them on, instead of a full replacement. They never made it back on. Then the corners near the tailgate started peeling up and cuts/tears in the vinyl top began to appear. Wasn't real happy... When I bought my next truck, I went with the 3 piece design. I've had much better luck with that version on 2 trucks.
Interesting. I have had 3 of these without any issues over the years at all. I live in FL and the heat is extreme too.

I had that model (their older version) on a previous truck and loved it. That is, until summer heat caused the felt strips on the underside to fall off. They sent me replacement strips so I could put them on, instead of a full replacement. They never made it back on. Then the corners near the tailgate started peeling up and cuts/tears in the vinyl top began to appear. Wasn't real happy... When I bought my next truck, I went with the 3 piece design. I've had much better luck with that version on 2 trucks.
That's what made me reluctant to get this one. I talked to a guy with a TRX at the car wash and he said his had been great, so I decided to roll with it

They supposedly made changes to the design and materials, but there are still complaints that are being logged weekly in the reviews. Most say warranty support is horrible. In part of the experiment now.

Last edited:
Can you hear any vibration from the cover? I have the roll n lock and I can hear the metal slats “clinking” if I have my back glass open.
Nothing yet, seems fairly stable for road use. I can see a little movement in the mirror.

I think off road it's gonna move a lot. There's just no support, simply aluminum slats laying across the bed tied together with vinyl/rubber.

Nothing yet, seems fairly stable for road use. I can see a little movement in the mirror.

I think off road it's gonna move a lot. There's just no support, simply aluminum slats laying across the bed tied together with vinyl/rubber.
The diamondback is probably the only fully rigid option.

That and the fiberglass ones. I want to be able to get in mine and haul gear easily, so this fits the bill. I have a tri fold on my 1500, it's nice too, but not as convenient for being out of the way.

I almost went with a Decked system. I don't use the 5th wheel hitch for my trailers, but didn't want to cover it up just in case.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back