Borla arrives

Excalibur

Reaction score
My Borla ATAK arrives this afternoon and can’t wait to have a truck again lol. Had the ATAK on my high country and the peace and quiet was driving me insane in my ZR2.

It will sound really good. But should wait to program so the active fuel management doesn’t shut off cylinders. You will be driving and sounds great then no sound then all of sudden hear exhaust back and forth. It drove me nuts so I put stock muffler back on until I get a programmer.

Yup had the same setup on high country talked in depth with my service department and don’t think I’m gonna if they ever even make a chip. I have a 200k warranty

I had the chip to delete it on my 5.3 and was really searching for a solution with the 6.2 10 speed setup. Talked to the service techs and they are against it on this setup…..the 5.3 they agreed with. Then of course if by any chance programming it would cause problems there goes my 200k warranty. I got used to the crappy sound of 4 cylinder and asked for a Subaru badge lmao

I had the chip to delete it on my 5.3 and was really searching for a solution with the 6.2 10 speed setup. Talked to the service techs and they are against it on this setup…..the 5.3 they agreed with. Then of course if by any chance programming it would cause problems there goes my 200k warranty. I got used to the crappy sound of 4 cylinder and asked for a Subaru badge lmao
Still doesn't answer the why.

Last edited:
I installed my S Type today. Sounds great. Can't wait for the Pulsar LT to get released...

Well BigSky this is why I love forums I take back what I said after Islands post. Dam that pulsar is sweet. Now my wheels are turning another direction

It will sound really good. But should wait to program so the active fuel management doesn’t shut off cylinders. You will be driving and sounds great then no sound then all of sudden hear exhaust back and forth. It drove me nuts so I put stock muffler back on until I get a programmer.
Just put your truck into L9 (low 9) and you won’t have to worry about the AFM system coming on At all. No programming or tune needed.

FREE!!!

Well BigSky this is why I love forums I take back what I said after Islands post. Dam that pulsar is sweet. Now my wheels are turning another direction
Latest Edge says is no ETA pulsar release. I think plenty are patiently waiting.

I believe the ZR2 does not have the AFM.

I believe the ZR2 does not have the AFM.
From everything I’ve read, the ZR2 has the more “advanced” DFM (or second gen AFM as I understand it). So, it will essentially have similar behavior and exhaust variations.

Depending on the motor there is no AFM and one has DFM and one has none of the above and mine has none of the above wohoo

Depending on the motor there is no AFM and one has DFM and one has none of the above and mine has none of the above wohoo
I must have gotten lucky also. Have not noticed mine going into AFM or DFM in the 1,400 mile I have on it so far.

What’s the discerning “motor” here? I was under the impression all 6.2’s in the ZR2 have DFM (unless they were left off as a result of chip shortages maybe?) appreciate the insight

06FDA837-47C0-40C7-8A76-885F34E22916.png

Apologies if I’m being dense but doesn’t that graph show (which was something I’d read before and led to my earlier statement) that the ZR2 is built on the T1xx and combined with the L87 motor…and therefore all have DFM?

I thought your earlier post was eluding to the fact that some ZR2 trucks do have DFM and some don’t depending on the motor, that’s where I was getting confused...and apparently remain in a confused state ha

All zr2's have it. It's way more refined then it use to be. You really have to be feeling for it to notice it or have an exhaust on it so you hear it

All zr2's have it. It's way more refined then it use to be. You really have to be feeling for it to notice it or have an exhaust on it so you hear it
It has definitely gotten better but its still there. If you want to feel the difference drive around in L9 for a bit. While driving in L9 and lower DFM is deactivated.

Also I do believe there are some ZR2's that were built this past spring without DFM due to chips. This will be noted on the window sticker.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back