Cargo Bed Lights

Swan

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what comes standard not he Silverado ZR2 2023 cargo bed lights. The manual isn't very informative and there are dealer add ons for LED lights in the bed.

these are included:
  • Cab-mounted cargo area lamps
    • With switch in switch bank left of the steering wheel
    • Illuminates the cargo bed area
    • LED lighting on Crew Cab and Double Cab models, incandescent on Regular Cab models
  • Cargo bed LED lighting
    • Provides light to find cargo in the bed
    • Rear pillar lamps
Then under accessories "Bed Products" you have the option to add "Bed Utility (LED Perimeter Bed Lighting) for $155 - S0Y is the code. These are the LEDs that are in the side of the truck bed just forward of the tailgate.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm curious as to what comes standard not he Silverado ZR2 2023 cargo bed lights. The manual isn't very informative and there are dealer add ons for LED lights in the bed.

these are included:
  • Cab-mounted cargo area lamps
    • With switch in switch bank left of the steering wheel
    • Illuminates the cargo bed area
    • LED lighting on Crew Cab and Double Cab models, incandescent on Regular Cab models
  • Cargo bed LED lighting
    • Provides light to find cargo in the bed
    • Rear pillar lamps
Then under accessories "Bed Products" you have the option to add "Bed Utility (LED Perimeter Bed Lighting) for $155 - S0Y is the code. These are the LEDs that are in the side of the truck bed just forward of the tailgate.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I believe that both of the above are standard on the ZR2.

LED Cargo Lamps on my ZR2. Standard.
All i did was LED reverse bulbs and LED license plates
20230118_191141.jpg

Like others said the cab mounted cargo lamp is standard as is the two puck lights in the bed by the tailgate. There is a switch located in the cab that turns them both on. Boost auto also sells a adapter that will allow those lights to come on anytime you unlock your truck with the key fob.

The perimeter lighting I think you were talking about is light strips that mount under the bed rails. I’ve seen a few videos of that kind of lighting on YouTube. Mainly on GMCs, but probably the same thing. I have no use for them myself. Depending on how you use your bed though, the extra lighting could be useful. I would give the included factory lights a try before I worried about adding perimeter lighting though.

Like others said the cab mounted cargo lamp is standard as is the two puck lights in the bed by the tailgate. There is a switch located in the cab that turns them both on. Boost auto also sells a adapter that will allow those lights to come on anytime you unlock your truck with the key fob.

The perimeter lighting I think you were talking about is light strips that mount under the bed rails. I’ve seen a few videos of that kind of lighting on YouTube. Mainly on GMCs, but probably the same thing. I have no use for them myself. Depending on how you use your bed though, the extra lighting could be useful. I would give the included factory lights a try before I worried about adding perimeter lighting though.
THIS^^^

I believe that both of the above are standard on the ZR2.
Any help finding a way to make the USB port hot all the time on my ZR2, right now they only come on with the ignition and I have a radio for my fire department that needs to stay charged all the time!?

Any help finding a way to make the USB port hot all the time on my ZR2, right now they only come on with the ignition and I have a radio for my fire department that needs to stay charged all the time!?
Not sure you would really want to do that even if you could as it may draw too much from the battery, based on the radio type, and cause your truck not to start. If you drive it a lot each and every day, then may not be an issue. I would just tap into the fuse panel to a fuse with constant 12VDC and make your own charging jack for your radio that has a built in 12V to 5VDC converter ...super easy and you can put it where ever you want without restriction.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I just added a 12v outlet in my center console that constantly has power. The Usb ports in the front connect to the radio so I wouldn't mess with those. Truck is missing a 12v outlet anyway. So might as well fix both at the same time. 12v socket and constant hot charge point. I just picked up one of those stubby dual usb chargers I leave in the 12v outlet. I leave a pair of 18650 batteries in a charger in the truck all the time. Never had a problem with the cranking battery. Did the same in my old truck too. Charging a relatively small battery in something like a radio or tablet on a truck battery isn't going to drain it.

Not sure what group size is in our trucks, But I'm sure it has 100+ min reserve. So that means it could handle 25amp at 12v draw for a couple hours. A usb charger pulling 3amps at 5v would take days of constant charging with the truck off to cause a problem. If someone were really worried about this, You could always plug in one of those small lithium battery packs and piggy back the device off of it. IE the device always is charging off the pack, but the pack is only charging when the truck is running and the port is hot. This would also let you use the existing charge ports, but keep a device always charging. You can get a 26,000mah pack on amazon for like 40 bucks. I keep one with me to charge my kids stuff when we are away from the truck. They are about the size of a phone.

I just added a 12v outlet in my center console that constantly has power. The Usb ports in the front connect to the radio so I wouldn't mess with those. Truck is missing a 12v outlet anyway. So might as well fix both at the same time. 12v socket and constant hot charge point. I just picked up one of those stubby dual usb chargers I leave in the 12v outlet. I leave a pair of 18650 batteries in a charger in the truck all the time. Never had a problem with the cranking battery. Did the same in my old truck too. Charging a relatively small battery in something like a radio or tablet on a truck battery isn't going to drain it.

Not sure what group size is in our trucks, But I'm sure it has 100+ min reserve. So that means it could handle 25amp at 12v draw for a couple hours. A usb charger pulling 3amps at 5v would take days of constant charging with the truck off to cause a problem. If someone were really worried about this, You could always plug in one of those small lithium battery packs and piggy back the device off of it. IE the device always is charging off the pack, but the pack is only charging when the truck is running and the port is hot. This would also let you use the existing charge ports, but keep a device always charging. You can get a 26,000mah pack on amazon for like 40 bucks. I keep one with me to charge my kids stuff when we are away from the truck. They are about the size of a phone.
Or...you can do post #10 ;)

Most Member Reactions

Back