Check engine light on day 2

ZR2

Reaction score
Hey guys hope all are well.

Got my silverado ZR2 and the check engine light came on the second day and also the “ service traction control “ message keeps appearing on the dashboard with a beep. Took it to the dealership, they told me its fixed, they only made some upgrades as seen on the picture. It came back on again. Its so frustrating to go back and forth to the dealership and not enjoy the experience of a new truck. Appreciate any insights or tips on the issue. Will take it back tomorrow morning to the dealership it only has 500 miles unfortunately.

Attachments

• IMG_7805.png
    IMG_7805.png
    278.1 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 50
This message came on too. The truck runs fine and transmission shifts normal. I really hope its some software glitch

Attachments

• IMG_7812.jpeg
    IMG_7812.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 58
Sorry bud that sucks. Plus side, it's probably just a bad sensor or module. With it so new it might be as simple as something not plugged in well at the factory. When the dealer hooks it up, they should be able to tell pretty quickly.

Sorry bud that sucks. Plus side, it's probably just a bad sensor or module. With it so new it might be as simple as something not plugged in well at the factory. When the dealer hooks it up, they should be able to tell pretty quickly.
I hope so, thanks my man

Thanks buddy i just did it before driving to the dealership. All fine.. just dropped it at the dealership. They told me all what they get when they hooked the computer it’s showing ( U codes) which apparently is for software upgrades to some modules. They said we will keep the car for testing even if the light is gone. The new truck stayed at the dealership more than it did at my house. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks buddy i just did it before driving to the dealership. All fine.. just dropped it at the dealership. They told me all what they get when they hooked the computer it’s showing ( U codes) which apparently is for software upgrades to some modules. They said we will keep the car for testing even if the light is gone. The new truck stayed at the dealership more than it did at my house. Will keep you all posted.
U codes are typically network codes. If you have issues with hardware that is operating through the BCM you can get network codes.

Do you have anything plugged into your OBD interface?

I've figured out that with AMP steps plugged into OBD port, I get a lot of network codes that get thrown when I unplug it. They don't seem to affect anything, but they get stored in history as non active codes.

U codes are typically network codes. If you have issues with hardware that is operating through the BCM you can get network codes.

I've figured out that with AMP steps plugged into OBD port, I get a lot of network codes that get thrown when I unplug it. They don't seem to affect anything, but they get stored in history as non active codes.
No i don’t have anything plugged in and i’ve never touched anything. I really hope they know what they’re doing.

Update:

you’re right my man.

Update: just spoke to the dealership and they said the following:

Preliminary error codes when first checked where U codes + Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). The U codes gone after some software updates. The EBCM is still complaining. They are saying it could be some wiring/connection loose to the EBCM and due to the complicated new wiring technology it takes time to inspect all wires. Still frustrated but will wait and see.

Reactions: AXE
Update:

you’re right my man.

Update: just spoke to the dealership and they said the following:

Preliminary error codes when first checked where U codes + Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). The U codes gone after some software updates. The EBCM is still complaining. They are saying it could be some wiring/connection loose to the EBCM and due to the complicated new wiring technology it takes time to inspect all wires. Still frustrated but will wait and see.

There are plenty of issues with brake controller going bad. Have to replace it. I am having troubles with my brake system on my HD. I think it may be related to brake controller. In my case, everything functions fine on trailer, but I keep getting a trailer connected/disconnected message in my DIC. They could not find any issue. I'll have to try some other trailers and see if I can eliminate the issue or head back to dealer.

Update: dealer just contacted me and advised that they’re suspecting that the issue is pertaining to one of the car’s computers possibly the EBCM and they are replacing this computer to eliminate the doubt with certainty. The part will take 2 days to arrive. I called the technician to verify which computer they’re replacing because he told me about the EBCM last week and he stated that he is not authorized to speak to me because I already escalated this case with the ministry and GM. So frustrated and they have done a great job of ruining the excitement and joy of owning this awesome truck.

Merry xmas all and happy holidays.

Update: dealership just advised that the faulty module is the Video Processing Module. Not sure if that makes sense at all!

Update: dealership just advised that the faulty module is the Video Processing Module. Not sure if that makes sense at all!
Yep I don't even have 2k miles and I am having the same issue.
The truck doesn't recognize the trailer camera and trailer lights...
No codes just a blank screen with an active hour glass.. and bed camera goes blank...
I have noticed the wiring junction or outlet seems very loose and cheap.
Not impressed . So off to the dealership tomorrow for more good news for them..lol
Merry Christmas everyone!

Yep I don't even have 2k miles and I am having the same issue.
The truck doesn't recognize the trailer camera and trailer lights...
No codes just a blank screen with an active hour glass.. and bed camera goes blank...
I have noticed the wiring junction or outlet seems very loose and cheap.
Not impressed . So off to the dealership tomorrow for more good news for them..lol
Merry Christmas everyone!
Mine didn’t complain about any camera and all cameras work perfectly. I really hope the dealership know what they’re doing.

Update: just got back from the dealer and they advised they are waiting on confirmation on when the part shall be shipped. To make things even worse, despite them telling me the truck is parked waiting for parts, I received a summary from Onstar highlighting that the car was driven around the dealership for 12 minutes with 2 high acceleration and 2 hard stops. This honestly made me lose it as i was taking care of the car during the Break In period without any high acceleration until at least over 1000 KM. Their service manager took it personally and was defensive. What a nightmare experience with these guys. Not sure if its bad luck or what.

Update: just got back from the dealer and they advised they are waiting on confirmation on when the part shall be shipped. To make things even worse, despite them telling me the truck is parked waiting for parts, I received a summary from Onstar highlighting that the car was driven around the dealership for 12 minutes with 2 high acceleration and 2 hard stops. This honestly made me lose it as i was taking care of the car during the Break In period without any high acceleration until at least over 1000 KM. Their service manager took it personally and was defensive. What a nightmare experience with these guys. Not sure if its bad luck or what.
sounds like a crappy dealer. trust your gut.

• Sad
Reactions: ZR2
OnStar reports acceleration and stopping force outside the “norm”? What do they define as outside the norm? Super interesting.

OnStar reports acceleration and stopping force outside the “norm”? What do they define as outside the norm? Super interesting.
maybe mechanic or service writer took his truck out for a joyride???? scumbag dealer imo.

Most Member Reactions

Back