Engine Compartment Fuse Box

securityguy

Reaction score
In preparation for my Putco Freedom Blade tailgate light bar install (once it arrives), PUTCO told me that they installed it on their ZR2 on fuse #92 in the engine bay. So, I went out to my truck and looked at the fuse panel. I also took the opportunity to check how well seated the fuses and relays were. Not too my surprise, many were not seated all of the way into the socket. I highly recommend that you all just pop the hood and remove the fuse box cover. Push down hard on every fuse and relay in that box. I guarantee you that you will find several, if not most, that will push in further and fully seat. Not a bad idea to check the passenger compartment fuse panels as well while you're at it to be 100% sure all of the fuses/relays are pushed in 100%.

Last edited:
In preparation for my Putco Freedom Blade tailgate light bar install (once it arrives), PUTCO told me that they installed it on their ZR2 on fuse #92 in the engine bay. So, I went out to my truck and looked at the fuse panel. I also took the opportunity to check how well seated the fuses and relays were. Not too my surprise, many were not seated all of the way into the socket. I highly recommend that you all just pop the hood and remove the fuse box cover. Push down hard on every fuse and relay in that box. I guarantee you that you will find several, if not most, that will push in further and fully seat. Not a bad idea to check the passenger compartment fire panels as well while you're at it to be 100% sure all of the fuses/relays are pushed in 100%.
great idea!

In preparation for my Putco Freedom Blade tailgate light bar install (once it arrives), PUTCO told me that they installed it on their ZR2 on fuse #92 in the engine bay. So, I went out to my truck and looked at the fuse panel. I also took the opportunity to check how well seated the fuses and relays were. Not too my surprise, many were not seated all of the way into the socket. I highly recommend that you all just pop the hood and remove the fuse box cover. Push down hard on every fuse and relay in that box. I guarantee you that you will find several, if not most, that will push in further and fully seat. Not a bad idea to check the passenger compartment fuse panels as well while you're at it to be 100% sure all of the fuses/relays are pushed in 100%.
Boy were you right. Many were not pressed down all the way.

Yet it's really not, considering how hard they are to press in. You may not understand this unless you're an 8 year from Cambodia working the lines.

GM posting record profits and historic stock buy backs on the backs of children worldwide. Sick fuckers have 6 year olds working the cobalt mines in Africa so the Chinese can sell us batteries for our EVs.

Probably why none of the electronics work reliably!

What type of fuse is used for engine bay fuse box? Micro 2?

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back