Chevy Short Bed vs Denali 1500 box

ZR2NYC

Reaction score
hey guys, was it wrong for me to assume my 2022 ZR2 had the same size box as my 2021 Denali 1500?? i found out this morning ZR2 is a little shorter. damn! i like the security of a closed bed when haulin my atv around.

Attachments

• 20220907_145224.jpg
    20220907_145224.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 20230514_131354.jpg
    20230514_131354.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: AXE
Yea same here I thought they were the same till I looked at it to get a bed cover.

Yea same here I thought they were the same till I looked at it to get a bed cover.
I used the same bed cover from my 21 silverado on my 22 zr2. It fits perfect. Maybe it depends on what you had before... There are various bed sizes, no matter model year.

i have been using same bed cover since my 2018 Sierra SLT....then on my 21 denali and now the ZR2. no joke. fit perfect on all 3.

Reactions: AXE
i have been using same bed cover since my 2018 Sierra SLT....then on my 21 denali and now the ZR2. no joke. fit perfect on all 3.
Mine was first for a 1500 other one I had a bed cover was for a 2500hd long bed. Don't know why on bakflip it showed one for 2022 redesign. 🤔

hey guys, was it wrong for me to assume my 2022 ZR2 had the same size box as my 2021 Denali 1500?? i found out this morning ZR2 is a little shorter. damn! i like the security of a closed bed when haulin my atv around.
Extra bed length went into the cab. That's why the back seats have more room now.

That's a clean looking Z400. I had a KFX400 and loved it.

Did your Denali have the Carbon Fiber bed? Those are supposed to be just a touch bigger.

Did you maybe have a standard length bed or maybe a carbon fiber bed? Short beds 21 and 23 are both listed at 69" and some change. Bed covers normally say 5'8" bed 2019-2023 year models.

If you were making a longer drive you could easily deflate the tires a bit to close the tailgate. I shudder at the thought of rock pecks and dents from flying debris hitting the tailgate while it's down. A few extra minutes inflating your wheeler tires is worth the added security of a closed tailgate, IMO.

If you were making a longer drive you could easily deflate the tires a bit to close the tailgate. I shudder at the thought of rock pecks and dents from flying debris hitting the tailgate while it's down. A few extra minutes inflating your wheeler tires is worth the added security of a closed tailgate, IMO.
my buddy does that. i wanted to avoid doing that but thanks. im thinking i may get some strong bungee cords and bring tailgate up to tire. ur right, tailgate down blows.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back