Dealer Allotment Questions

44sixpack

Reaction score
The dealer I'd prefer to order through is pretty small, they've never ordered a ZR2 but they will for MSRP which seems to be the same price all dealers are doing.

Is there any advantage to using a higher volume dealer ? obviously they'd have a bigger allotment but they have more customers. I don't think the ZR2 has any different allocation than any other 1500 so I assume my little dealer would get delivery as soon as any other. am I right on this ?

They're building enough of them that even a small dealer will get some. We're relatively small and we've ordered 6 ZR2s so far. ZR2s allocations are based on Trail Boss sales so it will ultimately depend on how Trail Bosses the smaller dealers have sold. We've sold a bunch of them which is what helped us get 6 allocations for 2022.

I see, I really doubt they sell many trail bosses this isn't 1/2 ton country it's an HD market. normally I wouldn't buy one myself.

If I ask them if they have an allotment for one is that something they can find out ? I don't think they even know since they've never tried.

I see, I really doubt they sell many trail bosses this isn't 1/2 ton country it's an HD market. normally I wouldn't buy one myself.

If I ask them if they have an allotment for one is that something they can find out ? I don't think they even know since they've never tried.
Unless they already have one ordered, they won't have any since the 6.2L and the ZR2 are unavailable for the rest of the 2022 model year. It will be the 2023 model year before any dealers get any more new ZR2 allocations.

Yes I sat down with them the other day and we looked at what information they had on 23's which wasn't much. I just want to get my order in ASAP once they start so I'm trying to get a plan together.

Is it safe to say even a small dealer will get 1 allotment? or do I need to see if they can verify that ?

Yes I sat down with them the other day and we looked at what information they had on 23's which wasn't much. I just want to get my order in ASAP once they start so I'm trying to get a plan together.

Is it safe to say even a small dealer will get 1 allotment? or do I need to see if they can verify that ?
I would ask them how many Trail Bosses they've sold for the 2022 model year. If they haven't sold any, then that will affect their ZR2 allocations and it could be a while.

My advice, get on a waitlist for more than 1 dealer and then go with the one that calls you first and tells you that they have an allocation.

Got it, that makes sense. is there a way for them to find out if they have an allocation now or do they find out when they place the order ?

There are a couple other small dealers in this half of the state I'll see if they'll put me on their list. I want to avoid the huge dealerships in Portland if I can.

Got it, that makes sense. is there a way for them to find out if they have an allocation now or do they find out when they place the order ?

There are a couple other small dealers in this half of the state I'll see if they'll put me on their list. I want to avoid the huge dealerships in Portland if I can.
No, there's no way at this point. We never know if we're getting one until the allocations are released each Thursday.

okay , I'll just quiz them on the trail boss thing then. thanks that helps a lot.

Very informative @GearheadSS The dealer (Seguin Chevrolet) I picked mine up from on Wednesday said it was only the second ZR2 they received. The first one was an order placed by a dealership employee. I just happened to call at the right time to snag this one.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back