Dealer Markup

The new “model” I’ve noticed is, you order it and wait, no games. You walk in they have one. That’s their truck for you to buy.

Call around. Order one. Don’t buy retail stock if thousands matters to your pocket.

I got mine at MSRP but now I'm seeing them discounted so I would think you'll start to see them discounted all over the place now.

I ordered mine back in July and picked it up on Monday. Did get 250 cash back and 500 redtag. Plus 1k off for costco members.
Did not pay over msrp.

I wonder how bad the markup would be for the (Limited Edition?) Silverado Bison?

People would be crazy to pay a mark up. Vehicle values are dropping rapidly and intrest rates have been going up. I'm sure some dealers will still try. After they sit on the lot with no takers, they will come down.

Lots of Bisons advertised at MSRP.....however it is mostly region specific

About 90% dealers in Texas have the ZR2 marked up already again. I got mine at supplier price basically. So about 5k under MSRP for a 23. Same dealer just ordered 2 that show in transit and have a 5k mark up fron msrp.

The new “model” I’ve noticed is, you order it and wait, no games. You walk in they have one. That’s their truck for you to buy.

Call around. Order one. Don’t buy retail stock if thousands matters to your pocket.
what if you walk in with CASH in hand for a non markup price? I wonder if they would tell you to go pound sand and watch a sale go out the door. I plan on paying cash up front.

what if you walk in with CASH in hand for a non markup price? I wonder if they would tell you to go pound sand and watch a sale go out the door. I plan on paying cash up front.
Dealers anymore don’t really care about “cash”.

If you walk in and advertise paying cash for a 70k+ vehicle they are even less likely to move. As you obviously can afford it.

Find a dealer that is advertising sticker or less. Only show your cards once you secure a deal.

Dealers anymore don’t really care about “cash”.

If you walk in and advertise paying cash for a 70k+ vehicle they are even less likely to move. As you obviously can afford it.

Find a dealer that is advertising sticker or less. Only show your cards once you secure a deal.
Yea, that is what I was planning to do. Don't show my hand until it is time to sign. Also, salesmen mostly work on a "you paid when you sell" deal. Sorry I cannot think of the word for it. "you are paid when you sell deal"

Then there will be a pissed off salesman when I offer him a cash deal and he says no and losses his "commission".
they do not get paid much hourly and that commission helps on pay day.

I paid mine cash, salesman and finance manager were pissed. They didn't want to sell me the vehicle. Salesman came with a 4k markup when we had agreed to msrp minus incentives. I highlighted all the B.S. junk they were adding as they did bring me a itemized deal list and had them cross out all items i was not going to pay for, i didn't even pay for the 3yr mandatory onstar subscription which btw is 1500 usd. Ended up paying 4k below MSRP.

Dealers definitely don’t like cash buyers anymore, they get a kickback percentage from the banks to finance!!! Cash unfortunately is no longer king!!!

Just bought mine last week. Paid about $2000 under MSRP...plus I received $1750 in Chevy rebates...another $1000 in Costco rebates and used $5400 in GM Rewards Points on top of that. So, in reality, I paid $4750 below MSRP plus my rewards dollars. VERY happy with this deal!

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back