Demand for Bison.

Just for the record, it's a little more than "wheels and bumper" I said a little...haha. Is it worth the extra cost? to some it will be, and others it wont. I'm getting it, and will probably never see a trail or off road. Just wanted a bad ass truck and this one fits the mold.
I do appreciate reading everyones opinion, thats what I joined this forum for! :)

I'm still trying to figure out weather to add the whole Borla "S" exhaust or just the crate muffler.

ALL FEATURES INCLUDED WITH ZR2 BISON EDITION:
  • AEV® front chassis skid plate
  • AEV® transfer case skid plate
  • AEV® rear differential skid plate
  • AEV® fuel tank skid plate
  • AEV® front and rear stamped steel bumpers with heavy-duty cast recovery points
  • Multi-Flex tailgate
  • 18" Gloss Black AEV® wheels
  • 18" AEV® aluminum spare wheel
  • Rocker protection
  • AEV® branded floor liners

Just for the record, it's a little more than "wheels and bumper" I said a little...haha. Is it worth the extra cost? to some it will be, and others it wont. I'm getting it, and will probably never see a trail or off road. Just wanted a bad ass truck and this one fits the mold.
I do appreciate reading everyones opinion, thats what I joined this forum for! :)

I'm still trying to figure out weather to add the whole Borla "S" exhaust or just the crate muffler.

ALL FEATURES INCLUDED WITH ZR2 BISON EDITION:
  • AEV® front chassis skid plate
  • AEV® transfer case skid plate
  • AEV® rear differential skid plate
  • AEV® fuel tank skid plate
  • AEV® front and rear stamped steel bumpers with heavy-duty cast recovery points
  • Multi-Flex tailgate
  • 18" Gloss Black AEV® wheels
  • 18" AEV® aluminum spare wheel
  • Rocker protection
  • AEV® branded floor liners
Ok, So I have to ask since you said that. If you plan to never take it off road, Why on earth would you get the AEV version? I get the ZR2 thing because its like a high country with out the chrome with great shocks. But the extra's on the Bison are just off road specific add ons. I guess some of it could just be considered looks. Although most consider the bumpers more a function thing. But your paying a pretty penny for skids and protection no one sees that won't be needed. I guess if you just really like the bumpers and the rims maybe its worth it.

Ok, So I have to ask since you said that. If you plan to never take it off road, Why on earth would you get the AEV version? I get the ZR2 thing because its like a high country with out the chrome with great shocks. But the extra's on the Bison are just off road specific add ons. I guess some of it could just be considered looks. Although most consider the bumpers more a function thing. But your paying a pretty penny for skids and protection no one sees that won't be needed. I guess if you just really like the bumpers and the rims maybe its worth it.
Good point and question. For me, I'm a guy that wants the "Latest and Greatest" so to speak, so price wise didn't really matter to me. But for re-sale it will factor in as an extra to somebody at some point so there's that. To answer why. Because I like the look. Same thing from my previous car which was a BMW M8. I got the carbon brake package because I liked the gold calipers. I never took it on a track though - but when I sold it I got more because of that option but thats just an example and re-sale I'm not concerned with. I tend to trade about every 2 years - having fun trying different vehicles.

If the Bison was 70-73k and the ZR2 was 65-68, where I feel they really should be, I would be interested in it. Like was said earlier, I really like my ZR2, but don’t feel it’s really worth what the cost was and the same for the bison. For the price, I would much rather have the TRX for a couple thousand more that has almost twice the HP. Don’t feel like the additional/upgraded skids and bumpers really add enough value to justify $82,000, but it still is a great looking truck

Trust me, I wanted more horse power too. I looked in to the Raptor R but the wait list is long and the ones that are for sale, if you find one are a lot lot more than only a couple thousand more than the Bison. The one I built was at $118K without the dealer price adjustment plus no telling when I could actually get it. It's a shame Chevy didn't "pony" up and offer a super charged or turbo V8 in this line. But it still has plenty in its stock version V8 all things considered.

Reactions: AXE
If the Bison was 70-73k and the ZR2 was 65-68, where I feel they really should be, I would be interested in it. Like was said earlier, I really like my ZR2, but don’t feel it’s really worth what the cost was and the same for the bison. For the price, I would much rather have the TRX for a couple thousand more that has almost twice the HP. Don’t feel like the additional/upgraded skids and bumpers really add enough value to justify $82,000, but it still is a great looking truck
Let me know where you can get a TRX for a "couple" thousand more. Similarly equipped TRX is north of $100,000. I have owned one and the novelty wears off quickly. Same for the Raptor, which I have had 2. I think the ZR2 is a more all around functional truck, at least hear in the northeast, where I live. The places I go in the mountains aren't wide enough to make it fun driving a Raptor or TRX. My dealer has a Bison coming in and I will have first option to buy. I will make that decision once I see it in person.

Reactions: AXE
Let me know where you can get a TRX for a "couple" thousand more. Similarly equipped TRX is north of $100,000. I have owned one and the novelty wears off quickly. Same for the Raptor, which I have had 2. I think the ZR2 is a more all around functional truck, at least hear in the northeast, where I live. The places I go in the mountains aren't wide enough to make it fun driving a Raptor or TRX. My dealer has a Bison coming in and I will have first option to buy. I will make that decision once I see it in person.
So...why the Bison and what makes it worth about $9K more to you over a standard loaded ZR2...just curious and looking for a perspective. Thanks

Im seeing several new TRXs for low 90’s…in the 92-93k range.

I am really curious, I have seen more than one person post that they had TRXs and sold them for a ZR2. What would be the reason to sell a TRX for a ZR2? Seriously, I’m just curious if there was something you didn’t like about a TRX? Does the ZR2 have something the TRX doesn’t? Or is it cost of ownership?

Im seeing several new TRXs for low 90’s…in the 92-93k range.

I am really curious, I have seen more than one person post that they had TRXs and sold them for a ZR2. What would be the reason to sell a TRX for a ZR2? Seriously, I’m just curious if there was something you didn’t like about a TRX? Does the ZR2 have something the TRX doesn’t? Or is it cost of ownership?
I read that that the folks who did this had some issues with the TRX trucks they purchased. It's on the forum here. I personally think it's an amazing truck. The TRX was just more than I wanted to spend. There's been very few vehicles out perform the super charged 6.2 liter Hemi. I've had great luck with the three Dodge / Ram trucks that I have owned.

I read that that the folks who did this had some issues with the TRX trucks they purchased. It's on the forum here. I personally think it's an amazing truck. The TRX was just more than I wanted to spend. There's been very few vehicles out perform the super charged 6.2 liter Hemi. I've had great luck with the three Dodge / Ram trucks that I have owned.
Yea, I kinda fall into that “more than I want to spend category”. They sure look good and have performance to boot. Not sure how it would be for a daily driver though.

I've been trying to guess how much demand there will be for the Bison. As a Chevy Inventory Manager, I'm always playing a guessing game when something new comes out as to whether or not it will be a high demand vehicle. The Bison has me stumped. I personally think it's the best looking ZR2 but, is there really an additional $7,900 in value with Bison package? Maybe.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Our first one was supposed to be built the week of 3/6 but it was caught up in the unannounced Silao plant shutdown. I have 4 total ordered so hopefully they'll move quickly.
I love AEV products most of my jeep builds have leaned heavily into their set-ups, but that said I just don't see $7900 of value there. I would almost lean towards the "standard" AT4X at the $85K price point. You get the AEV style bumpers, plus things like the 12 speaker Bose, and some of the other GMC interior touches.

I love AEV products most of my jeep builds have leaned heavily into their set-ups, but that said I just don't see $7900 of value there. I would almost lean towards the "standard" AT4X at the $85K price point. You get the AEV style bumpers, plus things like the 12 speaker Bose, and some of the other GMC interior touches.
That's actually a great idea and I agree with the AT4X will provide far greater value than the Chevy Bison.

Looking in to this for sure. Also seems GMC’s are available now.

I looked at the GMC AT4 and the AT4X. I agree that the Bison is competing with the AT4X in terms of price and its definitely worth looking at if considering a Bison. But I passed on the AT4X versus the ZR2 for the exact same reasons. The AT4X was $8-$9K more than the ZR2, but I couldn't see the value in the price difference. There were a few things I liked about the AT4X, but there were also a few things I liked about the ZR2. The AT4X does has a little different look with squared off wheel wells, more refined interior and the front bumper looks more like the Bison. It is a very nice truck...but I liked the ZR2 just as much and preferred to save the $8+K. It seems to really boil down to a trim level. AT4X leans towards rugged luxury. The Bison may be more serious off road. I thought the ZR2 was pretty darn off road worthy and the new interior doesn't skimp on luxury. I would say the ZR2 is more a contemporary interior design.
For some, they will be willing to pay for the Bison look...or the GMC AT4X look. I guess its not much different than those of us who sink thousands of additional dollars into our ZR2s. If I was a dealer, I would consider checking out how well the AT4X is selling. That could be a good indicator of the sales potential of the Bison.

I think the AT4X is worse in terms of value. The only thing you get with an AT4X is the front bumper and front skid plate. You don't get any of the other AEV skid plates or the rear bumper. So, for the same money, give me the Bison. Regular ZR2 is a much better value now than a base AT4X.

I still think AEV or GM will or should offer bison items to ZR2 owners. Hopfully
Not as a bundle package. But if you wanted the bumpers and the under body plates etc. I think if sales drop on the Bison and nobody is buying them. Then the next thing is to put the kit out to ZR2 and possibly Trail Boss owners. I will add if the Bison package fits a trail boss with the 3.0L Duramax. I would consider trading my ZR2. For a Trail Boss for those features.

I think the AT4X is worse in terms of value. The only thing you get with an AT4X is the front bumper and front skid plate. You don't get any of the other AEV skid plates or the rear bumper. So, for the same money, give me the Bison. Regular ZR2 is a much better value now than a base AT4X
Oh come on, you do get the more refined interior and the AT4X emblems! 😁

I have to agree with most of the comments made. It's hard to justify the hefty price tag for the increase in functionality. If you individually added the functional components of the package: extra skid plates, rockers, and bumper, you'd almost surely end up spending less than $8-9k. Everything else is cosmetic.

Having an F+R locker itself says that it is designed for extreme off-road and has to be rugged.

I believe ZR2 itself should be a Bison like version without any additional package. If AEV can upgrade Chevy to 4.10 gears with 35 inch tires and add some good quality skid plates, then GM can provide it direct from the factory. ZR2 price deserves that.

Most Member Reactions

Back