Demand for Bison.

GearheadSS

Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to guess how much demand there will be for the Bison. As a Chevy Inventory Manager, I'm always playing a guessing game when something new comes out as to whether or not it will be a high demand vehicle. The Bison has me stumped. I personally think it's the best looking ZR2 but, is there really an additional $7,900 in value with Bison package? Maybe.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Our first one was supposed to be built the week of 3/6 but it was caught up in the unannounced Silao plant shutdown. I have 4 total ordered so hopefully they'll move quickly.

I've been trying to guess how much demand there will be for the Bison. As a Chevy Inventory Manager, I'm always playing a guessing game when something new comes out as to whether or not it will be a high demand vehicle. The Bison has me stumped. I personally think it's the best looking ZR2 but, is there really an additional $7,900 in value with Bison package? Maybe.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Our first one was supposed to be built the week of 3/6 but it was caught up in the unannounced Silao plant shutdown. I have 4 total ordered so hopefully they'll move quickly.
First off, welcome back!

Personally, I don’t see anything in the Bison that would make me want to pay that much over the already high ZR2 price. I may be wrong, but isn’t the Bison just bumpers, wheels and badging? I’ll wait to see what the aftermarket comes up with.

First off, welcome back!

Personally, I don’t see anything in the Bison that would make me want to pay that much over the already high ZR2 price. I may be wrong, but isn’t the Bison just bumpers, wheels and badging? I’ll wait to see what the aftermarket comes up with.
I agree with this 100%.

The badging and bumpers are great but not enough to justify 8k over sticker. There could have been more done to separate the two.

First off, welcome back!

The Silverado ZR2 Bison comes standard with:
  • AEV stamped steel front and rear bumpers with heavy duty recovery points and integrated step pads. The front bumper is compatible with an available winch accessory
  • Five unique hot-stamped boron steel skid plates providing protection for the front, rear differential, transfer case and fuel tank
  • Steel rocker panel protection
  • A three-piece durable steel front bumper with integrated black, vertical front tow hooks
  • Exclusive gloss black 18-inch AEV wheels paired with 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires
  • Bison decal on the side outer box and the AEV badge featured on the front headrests and all-weather floor liners
The truck sure does look good, but I agree with the others. I personally couldn't justify the extra in price. I'm sure there will be some that do though.

Maybe base it on a percentage of ZR2 sales? I would imagine a safe Bison order would be 15% to 20% of your ZR2 orders/sales?

I guess I'm the "odd man" out. Mine goes in to production 3/27 and tentative delivery middle of June.
Pretty much checked every option that was available.
$86,400 is my price and I'm good with that, I'm getting what I wanted.

I guess I'm the "odd man" out. Mine goes in to production 3/27 and tentative delivery middle of June.
Pretty much checked every option that was available.
$86,400 is my price and I'm good with that, I'm getting what I wanted.
You should always get what you want and never settle for anything less. If this checks all of your boxes…then it makes sense for you.

I tend to be on the side that these trucks are already overpriced. I love my ZR2 so far, but I don’t think they are worth the price. But I paid the price so there you go.
As for the Bison, I agree that I don’t see the market for this truck at $86k plus. But there will be those that pay it. I think you are getting really close to Raptor and TRX pricing and if I read the materials list properly, its basically replacing ZR2 metal with a little different “bison Metal”, adding some skid plates and replacing the current 18” rims and 33” tires with different 18” rims with 33” tires. I don’t see any real performance enhancements. But if someone really likes the Bison metal that much better or truly needs that extra skid plating, then it will be worth it to some people.
If I was a dealer, I would have one in my showroom and see how fast it goes. I might use it to sell more ZR2s….. 😁

I tend to be on the side that these trucks are already overpriced. I love my ZR2 so far, but I don’t think they are worth the price. But I paid the price so there you go.
As for the Bison, I agree that I don’t see the market for this truck at $86k plus. But there will be those that pay it. I think you are getting really close to Raptor and TRX pricing and if I read the materials list properly, its basically replacing ZR2 metal with a little different “bison Metal”, adding some skid plates and replacing the current 18” rims and 33” tires with different 18” rims with 33” tires. I don’t see any real performance enhancements. But if someone really likes the Bison metal that much better or truly needs that extra skid plating, then it will be worth it to some people.
If I was a dealer, I would have one in my showroom and see how fast it goes. I might use it to sell more ZR2s….. 😁
100%

Maybe base it on a percentage of ZR2 sales? I would imagine a safe Bison order would be 15% to 20% of your ZR2 orders/sales?
Yes, definitely. I think maybe 1 Bison for every 8-10 ZR2s is what it should be. I actually changed the order I was allocated yesterday to a regular ZR2 and turned down the Bison allocation because I already have 3 Bisons on order. There were only 35 allocated in our region so I might regret that decision. I have had no problem getting extra Bison and ZR2 allocations though so I'm sure I can get more if needed.

First off, welcome back!

i agree.

The bison is a great truck. But an MSRP that high really pulls all the “value” left out of the ZR2 trim level compared to the market.

Taste is taste however and if the Bison appearance package is what captures your heart then by all means. Go for it.

It’s hard sell in a non-GM Chevrolet dedicated fan base though compared to competitors.

That still sounds too high to me. Maybe 5-10% at most. It's a VERY hard sell at that price point for what you get.

I'm sure there will be people who want them. Personally I don't see it. Truck prices have shot through the roof already the past couple years. ZR2 is pretty pricey, But compared to a similar spec AT4, Trailboss or even a Ford Tremor. The price of a ZR2 competes pretty well. The Bison though, not so much. I just don't see 8k more for the AEV stuff. Thats coming from someone who wants a winch bumper and who added 10k worth of accessories to my ZR2 pretty much immediately, lol... But that 10k I added was new stereo, Bed cover and bed rack, Onboard air, air bags, B&W hitch, ect. All stuff the Bison version would need also. Your basically getting bumpers and different skids.

Almost every post on here and on Facebook, Is people wanting larger fuel tank, 35" tires, and better stereo. Bison should have started there. lol, Extra points if they would have tossed the 3.42 gears in the rear and alternator in it from the max tow package. Regardless ultimate off road version should have had extended range and larger tires at the least. If your going to make it winch ready why not toss the larger alternator in it that they already have on the shelf. Especially when you consider people who actually off road, Might be running 12v fridge, off road lights, onboard air, Ect along with that winch lol.

Just get a 2015 to 2019 Duramax with Duramax Tuner, lift pump, 6 inch Cognito Lift, 35 inch rubber......any other bullshit you want........more power, more truck.......problem solved!

People will pay more for their truck's than their houses in East Texas. Dealer in Longview will add a lift kit, wheels and tires, few cosmetics and ask $100K. I have no doubt you will sale everyone you get.

People will pay more for their truck's than their houses in East Texas. Dealer in Longview will add a lift kit, wheels and tires, few cosmetics and ask $100K. I have no doubt you will sale everyone you get.
That's TEXAS...there are 49 other states where that will not be the case ;) You really don't get anything of major significance with the Bison to justify another $9K.

imo, thats the opposite here in northeast. the window of the 5k+ dealer markup on ZR2 are over. the Bison is nice but not sure its worth it for bumpers and wheels.

That's TEXAS...there are 49 other states where that will not be the case ;) You really don't get anything of major significance with the Bison to justify another $9K.
OP does not live in those other 49 states. He is in East Texas as well.

Most Member Reactions

Back