Demand for Bison.

Having an F+R locker itself says that it is designed for extreme off-road and has to be rugged.

I believe ZR2 itself should be a Bison like version without any additional package. If AEV can upgrade Chevy to 4.10 gears with 35 inch tires and add some good quality skid plates, then GM can provide it direct from the factory. ZR2 price deserves that.
THIS^^^

I'd have to hear the AT4 stereo before I believe that it's actually better. I think most of the problems with the current ZR2 stereo are software related so unless they've completely retuned the software for the GMC, I have zero faith that it's that much better.

Having an F+R locker itself says that it is designed for extreme off-road and has to be rugged.

I believe ZR2 itself should be a Bison like version without any additional package. If AEV can upgrade Chevy to 4.10 gears with 35 inch tires and add some good quality skid plates, then GM can provide it direct from the factory. ZR2 price deserves that.
I am pretty sure the Bison does not have 35” tires nor a 4.10 rear end….

Reactions: AXE
I am pretty sure the Bison does not have 35” tires nor a 4.10 rear end….
Not the one GM package. But AEV on their web site provides a uplift package starting at 12k for Chevy Colorado UpTo 2022 models.

What I am saying is that ZR2 can come with this design directly from factory as default configuration.

No and I'm pretty sure AEV doesn't offer that for the ZR2. We don't even know if 35s will fit the stock Bison yet. I'm betting they won't.
Not on stock Bison from GM. But for up to 2022 Colorado with fender flares that require trimming. (unless I read wrong)

AEV has not posted anything yet on 2022 Silverado and 2023 Colorado on their site. But, I am 'guessing' that after 1st Edition models they may start offering soon. Let's see.

Last edited:
I'd have to hear the AT4 stereo before I believe that it's actually better. I think most of the problems with the current ZR2 stereo are software related so unless they've completely retuned the software for the GMC, I have zero faith that it's that much better.
My neighbor got a Denali Ultimate a few months ago and I've been meaning to do a side by side of the stereos with my ZR2 but just haven't had the chance. I'll try and get some seat time and check it out, also wanted to see how much "massaging" the massaging seats actually do.

First Bison arrived and was sold within 2 hours. Honestly surprised it went that fast since it wasn't spoken for before it arrived. Great looking truck for sure.

IMG-2694.jpg
IMG-2695.jpg
IMG-2696.jpg
IMG-2697.jpg

Now that you (@GearheadSS) have seen one in person, what are your thoughts on the Bison.

Really curious to see pricing on the ZR2 HD.
I was having my software update done and saw the Bison on my dealers lot. It looks just like a ZR2 with a Bison and AEV badge and a different front and rear bumper that I actually do not care for at all. I think 99% of us would agree that it's not worth an extra $8-9K based on what you get.

The major issue with this is the truck buyers who can afford this truck will most likely never utilize the Bison for what it is marketed for. Not many are going to take their 80k+ truck out and test the skid plates out.

I was having my software update done and saw the Bison on my dealers lot. It looks just like a ZR2 with a Bison and AEV badge and a different front and rear bumper that I actually do not care for at all. I think 99% of us would agree that it's not worth an extra $8-9K based on what you get.
Yup I like my front bumper more. But like others have said more interested in skid plates.

decals and you are correct about bumpers. ZR2 with its cut away front bumper with removable ends is a better look IMO. im wondering if you get the AT4X Bose and massage seats???

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back