Demand for Bison.

For the extra cabbage, it damn sure better come with a bigger set of tires. It just looks like those tires get lost on a large body truck. The geometry of the front wheel well especially the rear just really messes up the potential of the trucks to look better with 35s.

The HD ZR2 has some better rubber, so it looks better and it is also a huge truck body.

I'd have to hear the AT4 stereo before I believe that it's actually better. I think most of the problems with the current ZR2 stereo are software related so unless they've completely retuned the software for the GMC, I have zero faith that it's that much better.
I can confirm that the AT4 is having the same software issues (or whatever it is!) with the radio. My neighbor has a 22 AT4. Same issue with the radio. Sample size of 1 as a comparison, but it is likely not a coincidence.

I can confirm that the AT4 is having the same software issues (or whatever it is!) with the radio. My neighbor has a 22 AT4. Same issue with the radio. Sample size of 1 as a comparison, but it is likely not a coincidence.
They are the exact same radios so totally makes sense.

Reactions: AXE
For the extra cabbage, it damn sure better come with a bigger set of tires. It just looks like those tires get lost on a large body truck. The geometry of the front wheel well especially the rear just really messes up the potential of the trucks to look better with 35s.

The HD ZR2 has some better rubber, so it looks better and it is also a huge truck body.
agreed

Reactions: AXE
First Bison arrived and was sold within 2 hours. Honestly surprised it went that fast since it wasn't spoken for before it arrived. Great looking truck for sure.
They are definitely nice looking. Local dealer has an AEV AT4X sitting on the lot and I think the AEV bumpers do so much more for that truck than the ZR2. Like everyone mentions the skid plates are the true star but doing some research I was surprised just how much they weigh and cut down on payload. Attached are the payload sticker for a Bison and the one off my ZR2.

Attachments

• BISON PAYLOAD.jpg
    BISON PAYLOAD.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6378b.jpg
    IMG_6378b.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 36
I've been trying to guess how much demand there will be for the Bison. As a Chevy Inventory Manager, I'm always playing a guessing game when something new comes out as to whether or not it will be a high demand vehicle. The Bison has me stumped. I personally think it's the best looking ZR2 but, is there really an additional $7,900 in value with Bison package? Maybe.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Our first one was supposed to be built the week of 3/6 but it was caught up in the unannounced Silao plant shutdown. I have 4 total ordered so hopefully they'll move quickly.
I'm Sure you will sell plenty but for me what you get vs the upcharge is not worth it.

Most Member Reactions

Back