DRL Recall

cef2lion

Reaction score
I have a 2022 ZR2. Does anyone else have the DRL recall. GM #N222386380 issued 12/08/22. I have nothing in writing as yet. The recall states.

Owners who have accepted applicable terms and conditions will have the opportunity to accept these software changes using wireless over-the-air (OTA) technology without having to bring their vehicle to a dealership.

Instead of taking it to the dealer I thought I would wait for the over-the-air update. I have checked a number of times but no update as yet. The last update says 10/22. My recall online says incomplete to date. Wondering how long it takes for GM to push out such a recall update. Any receive the update as yet over-the-air? I did go into the My Chevy App on the Informant screen and accept terms.

I thought GM would be quick to push this update given there safety risk in the recall.

If the DRLs do not deactivate when the headlamps are on, the resulting glare could increase the risk of a crash.

I have a 2022 ZR2. Does anyone else have the DRL recall. GM #N222386380 issued 12/08/22. I have nothing in writing as yet. The recall states.

Owners who have accepted applicable terms and conditions will have the opportunity to accept these software changes using wireless over-the-air (OTA) technology without having to bring their vehicle to a dealership.

Instead of taking it to the dealer I thought I would wait for the over-the-air update. I have checked a number of times but no update as yet. The last update says 10/22. My recall online says incomplete to date. Wondering how long it takes for GM to push out such a recall update. Any receive the update as yet over-the-air? I did go into the My Chevy App on the Informant screen and accept terms.

I thought GM would be quick to push this update given there safety risk in the recall.

If the DRLs do not deactivate when the headlamps are on, the resulting glare could increase the risk of a crash.
I went to GM's Recall Website and entered my VIN. My vehicle has no outstanding recalls...yet;)

I did and it shows the DRL Recall. It also shows in my GM online account. My dealer said they have gotten it on a number of new units sitting on there lot. They said I could bring it in or wait for the over-the-air update.

My truck was at the dealer this weekend for a new injector and they did this update. My daytime running lights still seem to be on when my headlights are turned on so I don’t know what the update did…

So what does this recall change? Are the DRL’s completely disabled with headlights?

Mine go “half power” when the lights are on

Mine is going in on Tuesday for this. I'll keep ya updated on what happens.

I’m waiting to see if they offer this recall via an OTA update. If anyone else does I would like to hear it. I’ll schedule with my dealer if I happen need make trip in that direction. Or if my front/rear park assist retro is available.

I’m following a couple other issues mentioned online.

Hood insert paint chipping
Brake controller deactivating electric brakes
Transmission shudder reported on GM Authority

Last edited:
Had mine updated about two weeks ago just received the recall to retrofit the heated steering wheel finally

So I just picked up my truck from the dealer. It was in for the DRL, spare tire spacer/grommet and heated steering wheel recalls. They ordered parts for the spare tire and heated steering wheel, but were unable to update the software for the DRL. Apparently GM has put an immediate stop on all DRL recall software updates for this issue. The new software fixes the DRL problem but creates another, which will drain the battery and prevent the auto stop start function from restarting the truck after it is enabled. The parts should be in next week and I'll update y'all if I hear anything else.

So I just picked up my truck from the dealer. It was in for the DRL, spare tire spacer/grommet and heated steering wheel recalls. They ordered parts for the spare tire and heated steering wheel, but were unable to update the software for the DRL. Apparently GM has put an immediate stop on all DRL recall software updates for this issue. The new software fixes the DRL problem but creates another, which will drain the battery and prevent the auto stop start function from restarting the truck after it is enabled. The parts should be in next week and I'll update y'all if I hear anything else.
Interesting! I took mine in for the DRL Recall and Spare Tire spacer TSB. Dealer performed both. No mention of problems or GM putting a stop to performing the recall. I guess I'll see if I have battery issues after this. As for the Auto Stop/Start, I have an eliminator installed, so that feature is ALWAYS off.

I had the DRL update a couple weeks ago and haven’t had any battery issues or auto stop start issues yet. The two little accent lights don’t run in the day anymore, not sure it’s supposed to be that way but I prefer to have them on.

Lol wow. That’s a disaster of an update. Makes me wonder who if anyone does validation on this new OTA system.

Most Member Reactions

Back