Exhaust drone

Prometheus

Reaction score
So I decided to give the ZR2 a Flowmaster muffler and delete the resonators and it sounds great on start up and when I get on the gas, but there is a very annoying drone at freeway speeds. When I am moderately accelerating up to 65-75 it sounds pretty quiet but once at cruising speed (normally about 75 for me) it sounds like it shifts and gets really loud. Could this be the DFM, should I just put my resonators back in?

So I decided to give the ZR2 a Flowmaster muffler and delete the resonators and it sounds great on start up and when I get on the gas, but there is a very annoying drone at freeway speeds. When I am moderately accelerating up to 65-75 it sounds pretty quiet but once at cruising speed (normally about 75 for me) it sounds like it shifts and gets really loud. Could this be the DFM, should I just put my resonators back in?
Drone is pretty common issue on weld in solutions. Flowmaster is always cheekily referred to as “dronemaster”

Welding the resonators back in won’t guarantee a solution. As they are “tuned” to the factory muffler.

They will reduce volume but may not combat the frequency that is resonating in the cabin. Chambered designs are especially prone to the “wah” effect.

Drone is pretty common issue on weld in solutions. Flowmaster is always cheekily referred to as “dronemaster”

Welding the resonators back in won’t guarantee a solution. As they are “tuned” to the factory muffler.

They will reduce volume but may not combat the frequency that is resonating in the cabin. Chambered designs are especially prone to the “wah” effect.
Is Magnaflow any better with drone? Or any other weld on in mufflers? I want a bit more sound than stock but am not willing to drop $2k on the Borla system

Most Member Reactions

Back