Exhaust Tips for the OEM Exhaust

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A few of you have pinged me for a side shot and wanted to know how low they hung. Here you go...as you can see, not low at all with a clearance of 17" from the ground to the bottom most portion of the tip. I think they look awesome for a total of around $50!

ZR2 Exhaust Tip Height.jpg

ZR2 Exhaust Tip Height2.jpg

I went with the chrome shorties from Amazon for $15. They look ok, but hard to get even cause my stock exhaust is different on each side. Can't see it on a galloping horse, so I'll run with it.

I cut 1/2 inch slips in base and crimped the remaining tabs down closer to flush to stock exhaust tube. Had nice some $8 stainless bolt style clamps, but they were so slick and stiff they wouldn't mate well to out of round stock exhaust tube. Ended up using some cheap Taiwanese worm drive hose clamps and it tightend up better.

We,ll see how they go for $32.

Attachments

• 20230226_135816.jpg
    20230226_135816.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 20230226_135739.jpg
    20230226_135739.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 154
FWIW, the stainless ones I'm using have discolored some similar to what you see on a motorcycle exhaust due to heat. Still look good, but a slight golden hue to the bases where they attach to the pipe.

FWIW, the stainless ones I'm using have discolored some similar to what you see on a motorcycle exhaust due to heat. Still look good, but a slight golden hue to the bases where they attach to the pipe.
I think the black fits the truck better. IMHO.

Reactions: AXE
I think the black fits the truck better. IMHO.
I've got black on my Duramax and it looks great. I've pulled it off, cleaned it, sanded out some minor chips, and repainted using header paint. It looks great years later.

Most Member Reactions

Back