Expected Production and Delivery Dates

Been seeing a lot of discounts on the 22 Silverados and Sierra. Big discounts. Makes me think GM is doing this because they’re about to pump out trucks so hopefully won’t take long to get ours.

Been seeing a lot of discounts on the 22 Silverados and Sierra. Big discounts. Makes me think GM is doing this because they’re about to pump out trucks so hopefully won’t take long to get ours.
Yes and no. They pushed back production of the refreshed models by 2 weeks at the Mexico plant and 1 week at the US plant (or maybe I have that backwards). But I do think they are trying to clear out the LTD models because the incentives have actually returned. I am sure that the refresh is now close enough that a lot of truck buyers are not grabbing the LTDs because it isn't that long to wait for the new interior.

Even though I really want the ZR2 I can't deny that a Custom Trail Boss with the 6.2L & 10 speed is compelling. Might be able to get it for under $50k and tossing in Katzkins wouldn't push it much higher.

Yes and no. They pushed back production of the refreshed models by 2 weeks at the Mexico plant and 1 week at the US plant (or maybe I have that backwards). But I do think they are trying to clear out the LTD models because the incentives have actually returned. I am sure that the refresh is now close enough that a lot of truck buyers are not grabbing the LTDs because it isn't that long to wait for the new interior.

Even though I really want the ZR2 I can't deny that a Custom Trail Boss with the 6.2L & 10 speed is compelling. Might be able to get it for under $50k and tossing in Katzkins wouldn't push it much higher.
But the interior .......

But the interior .......
Exactly the biggest reason to hold out. The new dash is a giant step up… however, if you are the type of person who will spend 95% of your time with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto on your screen it wouldn’t be too difficult to talk yourself into accepting that pretty big price difference.

Time just needs to go by faster lol and hope to god GM doesn’t run into any bumps. Fingers crossed.

I didn’t see any options for a front and rear locking differential on the trail boss. Trail boss can not be compared to the ZR2

I didn’t see any options for a front and rear locking differential on the trail boss. Trail boss can not be compared to the ZR2
No doubt, very different vehicles for a variety of reasons. Fit & finish, lockers, suspension, design, etc. But when it comes right down to it the bulk of truck buyers never use them to their capability. Too many Raptors, TRXs, and the lesser Trail Bosses are great grocery getters that never see dirt unless it's in a bag and picked up at Home Depot.

So even plenty of people who want the ZR2 could pretty easily talk themselves into a lesser off roader without much trouble.

Second week in a row that my dealer has said that there’s not ZR2 allocations out of the 23 Silverado allocations they were given. Does this sound right to any of you guys knowledgeable in this area?

Talk to more dealers. Especially high volume dealers.

I have. The dealer I have the deposit through is the highest selling one around here.

I hope my truck is not built today!
My first job in the auto industry was doing the financial planning & analysis for heavy duty trucks for foreign markets. Many of the vehicle program managers and engineers I partnered with came from the consumer side of the industry... primarily Ford. They always told me it took 300-500 vehicles coming off the line before they were confident that no manufacturing (read: assembly) issues would cause issues. Of course, different story for engineering defects or parts failures in the real world... but assembly takes 300-500 units to work out their kinks and issues.

I ordered one of the first gen 6 camaros. Sat in quality control for a month. At least this not a whole new setup.

Well Saturday I started calling around to other dealers to see if they had any allocations. Found a dealer that had already placed an order for a black on black with standard tailgate ZR2. Still has the technology package and everything else. Decided that since they had an actual production date I’d go with them since the dealer I originally had a deposit through still hadn’t gotten an allocation. You guys think this was the right move? The only difference is I had ordered a Dark Ash with multi flex and this new one is black with standard tailgate.

Well Saturday I started calling around to other dealers to see if they had any allocations. Found a dealer that had already placed an order for a black on black with standard tailgate ZR2. Still has the technology package and everything else. Decided that since they had an actual production date I’d go with them since the dealer I originally had a deposit through still hadn’t gotten an allocation. You guys think this was the right move? The only difference is I had ordered a Dark Ash with multi flex and this new one is black with standard tailgate.
Why would they leave a $400 ( tail gate ) option off on the first time it is available on Chevy?

For a purchase this large, I would select every option I desired, including of course the exterior color. Black will look mean, but it will be difficult to distinguish with the bumper and grill also being gloss black. It's a sea of black, some love that, others not so much.

For a purchase this large, I would select every option I desired, including of course the exterior color. Black will look mean, but it will be difficult to distinguish with the bumper and grill also being gloss black. It's a sea of black, some love that, others not so much.
this video was made using photoshop to help visualize the production colors

Most Member Reactions

Back