Expected Production and Delivery Dates

For a purchase this large, I would select every option I desired, including of course the exterior color. Black will look mean, but it will be difficult to distinguish with the bumper and grill also being gloss black. It's a sea of black, some love that, others not so much.
I would be pickier but black isn’t a bad color. It’s the same color as my current trailboss. The tailgate thing isn’t a huge deal breaker.

Can anyone break down the steps for the build? I just built mine at the dealer on Monday. What are the right questions to be asking?

I had some major issues with the service department of a high volume dealer with my 2018 GMC Sierra SLT. Probably enough of a problem that I could consult an attorney. Instead the dealer is going to take care of their mistake, give me a deal on a trade in, and get me into a ZR2 at their invoice price.

Nice! When did you place your order?

Last edited:
Once your vehicle build has been accepted and there are no constraints, a VIN will be assigned. So yes very common to have a Vin before its built, it's just whether or not your dealer cares /has the knowledge to get it for you.

Reactions: BK1
Once your vehicle build has been accepted and there are no constraints, a VIN will be assigned. So yes very common to have a Vin before its built, it's just whether or not your dealer cares /has the knowledge to get it for you.
Ahh I gotcha.

Silverado Constraints this week:

chevy-silverado-constraints.jpg

My username no longer will apply here's why..

Called several dealerships to place an order, no one has any allocation to make an order (in my area). Decided to grab up a Zr2 that one of the dealerships had ordered back on December 18th, currently has a scheduled build of March 7th. No hassle dealership which is a plus. No mark up of any kind, and accepts GM employee price.

Summary of build
-Black
-Technology Package
-Sunroof
-Multiflex Tailgate
-Gloss black wheels

My username no longer will apply here's why..

Called several dealerships to place an order, no one has any allocation to make an order (in my area). Decided to grab up a Zr2 that one of the dealerships had ordered back on December 18th, currently has a scheduled build of March 7th. No hassle dealership which is a plus. No mark up of any kind, and accepts GM employee price.

Summary of build
-Black
-Technology Package
-Sunroof
-Multiflex Tailgate
-Gloss black wheels
I did the same thing for the same reason. Same setup minus the multi flex tailgate.

Does anyone know if the ZR2 is going to be limited production - I had heard that. I have an option on one but the deal won't honor my Supplier Discount

I have not heard anything about that, but like most things it'll be sales driven. I would imagine it'll be around for at least a few years.

Does anyone know if the ZR2 is going to be limited production - I had heard that. I have an option on one but the deal won't honor my Supplier Discount

I haven’t seen a production mix for the Silverado but GMAuthority published an article stating that the GMC AT4X is going to be 5% of the mix. My dealer told me the same about the ZR2.

My dealer said it will be like the Colorado. Limited and allocated.

I was advised 3000 event code today. Let's hope they start them coming sooner than later :)
Hey guy's was at my dealer today and i have a vin and invoice now and truck is at 4200 won't be long now and it'll be here dealer though probabiy be here by the end of March. Now it's hard to waiot.

Hey guy's was at my dealer today and i have a vin and invoice now and truck is at 4200 won't be long now and it'll be here dealer though probabiy be here by the end of March. Now it's hard to waiot.

That's great news. It's going to be exciting to see what member on the forum is first to get one!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back