First Chevy after a long line of built GMCs

RVA_ZR2

Reaction score
I've always had GMCs in the past that I've ordered and built from new. Was set on ordering a new AT4X but couldn't get on board with the 'all black' interior nor the low-hanging front bumper. All in all I find the look and offroad practicality of the ZR2 better than the AT4x so finally picked up my first Chevy with all option boxes checked minus Multi-Flex (contraint of some sort). Already completed the initial must-do mods in the first week (rear LEDs, short antenna, etc.) and windows being tinted tomorrow. Will probably keep as is for the time being until it needs tires then I'll step up to 35s on the stockers. I play offroad most weekends and drive downtown each weekday, so the ZR2 should fit the bill nicely these next couple of years. Looking forward to it!

Attachments

• 2017.jpg
    2017.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 359
  • 2022 front.jpg
    2022 front.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 120
  • 2022 side.jpg
    2022 side.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 117
That was a sweet looking GMC you traded in! I always loved the look of lifted trucks running bigger tires on the stock wheels.

That was a sweet looking GMC you traded in! I always loved the look of lifted trucks running bigger tires on the stock wheels.
Thanks man! Just like you my favorite look has always been clean / lifted with 35s on stock wheels, as they should come from the factory! That GMC had the 6" BDS kit with DSC-adjustable remote reservoir Fox shocks and 35" Toyos put on as soon as I picked her up from the dealer's lot. I've always been a suspension geek so I don't want to mess with the Multimatics...maybe something minor once there is a quality ZR2-specific kit allowing 35s under there with minimal other input.

How does the ride on the ZR2 compare to the fox equipped GMC?

How does the ride on the ZR2 compare to the fox equipped GMC?
Most of my experience over the past week of ownership has been highway, I've only done a few dirt roads and fields thusfar in the ZR2, nothing heavy yet but that will be very soon. On highway, I'd say the Multimatics are overall better mainly because the rear end feels more planted. On the GMC, I had my front coilovers dialed in for more compression high speed, lower compression for low speed and they felt very similar to how the ZR2 is setup. I really cant wait to see how the Multimatics perform in the tough stuff.

Most Member Reactions

Back