First oil change and service

BW0311

Reaction score
Sitting at the dealership as I type. Time for my first (free) oil change/tire rotation and waited till now to have them look at the common radio issue and check the spare tire for wear. Thanks to shadyemx for sharing the fix his dealership discovered for the radio. I printed it out and brought it with me for reference. The service guy acted like he'd never heard of this issue before. They said give them 2 hours to look into the radio issue. Good thing I work remote, I can work while I wait.

Will update when they finish.

Sitting at the dealership as I type. Time for my first (free) oil change/tire rotation and waited till now to have them look at the common radio issue and check the spare tire for wear. Thanks to shadyemx for sharing the fix his dealership discovered for the radio. I printed it out and brought it with me for reference. The service guy acted like he'd never heard of this issue before. They said give them 2 hours to look into the radio issue. Good thing I work remote, I can work while I wait.

Will update when they finish.
If they fix your audio issue then please share the latest work order. I still need to get mine fixed.

The “Service Consultant” just gave me an update. The spare tire doesn’t have any rub marks and they fixed the radio. Just waiting on them to finish washing it and I’ll see for myself. If it is fixed I’ll post the update(s) they performed.

The “Service Consultant” just gave me an update. The spare tire doesn’t have any rub marks and they fixed the radio. Just waiting on them to finish washing it and I’ll see for myself. If it is fixed I’ll post the update(s) they performed.
They told me they "fixed" my radio three times :ROFLMAO:

There is always a solution. People’s willingness to do what it takes to get there is the issue
100% - it may however be hardware, software, on a combination which a dealer likely can’t fix - meaning, it may be an issue only resolved by hardware and/or software upgrades from GM.

This problem isn’t the dealers fault, let’s not forget that either crew…we’ve put men on the moon and robots on Mars…a damn radio system that works should be easy at this point for GM.

100% - it may however be hardware, software, on a combination which a dealer likely can’t fix - meaning, it may be an issue only resolved by hardware and/or software upgrades from GM.

This problem isn’t the dealers fault, let’s not forget that either crew…we’ve put men on the moon and robots on Mars…a damn radio system that works should be easy at this point for GM.
^^^THIS!

Well if it makes you feel better, I have now started seeing it on my 24 HD too. Not as bad, but I'm at about 1k miles and I've seen some similar issues as my 22. My wife's 23 Tahoe didn't seem to have many issues, but I noticed it dropped GPS signal twice on navigation in a recent trip. Had to restart navigation to get it going again.

I've hypothesized a lot on various causes and not sure there's a good answer. However, today I had an issue while I was messing with my phone. I think there may be some issues caused by Bluetooth connectivity with phone. Maybe leave your phone at home and test it with Sirius or a regular radio station. Maybe a different phone.

I'm starting to think this POS Samsung Galaxy S23 phone might be part of my problem. It seems quirky on its own. Always had good luck with Samsung, but this ones a dud.

Well if it makes you feel better, I have now started seeing it on my 24 HD too. Not as bad, but I'm at about 1k miles and I've seen some similar issues as my 22. My wife's 23 Tahoe didn't seem to have many issues, but I noticed it dropped GPS signal twice on navigation in a recent trip. Had to restart navigation to get it going again.

I've hypothesized a lot on various causes and not sure there's a good answer. However, today I had an issue while I was messing with my phone. I think there may be some issues caused by Bluetooth connectivity with phone. Maybe leave your phone at home and test it with Sirius or a regular radio station. Maybe a different phone.

I'm starting to think this POS Samsung Galaxy S23 phone might be part of my problem. It seems quirky on its own. Always had good luck with Samsung, but this ones a dud.
The service guy said he called the “TAC”, whatever that is, and they said it needed an amplifier. So the dealership ordered one. Should be delivered in about a week. Once installed I’ll post an update.

I’ll turn off my Bluetooth (can’t leave my phone at home!) this morning and see if that makes a difference.

The service guy said he called the “TAC”, whatever that is, and they said it needed an amplifier. So the dealership ordered one. Should be delivered in about a week. Once installed I’ll post an update.

I’ll turn off my Bluetooth (can’t leave my phone at home!) this morning and see if that makes a difference.
Probably the Technical Assistance Center at Corp where the dealer can get help for issues they have not yet encountered or don’t know how to troubleshoot properly.

I think I've seen the amp issue before, so maybe that's the fix for you.

Mine wierd cause I used to complain more about music cutting g in and out and pausing. I don't get that as much, but seem to have issues with phone connection and navigation.

I think I've seen the amp issue before, so maybe that's the fix for you.

Mine wierd cause I used to complain more about music cutting g in and out and pausing. I don't get that as much, but seem to have issues with phone connection and navigation.
Personally, I don't think the "amp" issue has anything to do with the audio cutting out on the infotainment. I think it's inherent in the radio...either hardware, software or both.

Personally, I don't think the "amp" issue has anything to do with the audio cutting out on the infotainment. I think it's inherent in the radio...either hardware, software or both.
I think you are right, but I'll let them play with it for a while. Who knows, with enough time they may be able to find a solution.

Most Member Reactions

Back