First oil change and service

I think I've seen the amp issue before, so maybe that's the fix for you.

Mine wierd cause I used to complain more about music cutting g in and out and pausing. I don't get that as much, but seem to have issues with phone connection and navigation.
My biggest issue is my satellite stations won't load. I hit the button a 2nd or 3rd time and poof, there it is. Happens occasionally with the radio stations too, but it's rare.

Reactions: AXE
My biggest issue is my satellite stations won't load. I hit the button a 2nd or 3rd time and poof, there it is. Happens occasionally with the radio stations too, but it's rare.
Yep, that's the first problem I had and it magically went away. I did a recent software update at the dealer. The biggest difference I've noticed was a more refined set of graphics on the navigation. However it seems slower now.

Personally, I don't think the "amp" issue has anything to do with the audio cutting out on the infotainment. I think it's inherent in the radio...either hardware, software or both.
I don't think so either. I had mine replaced right after delivery (see my welcome post for all of the drama :) ) and I still have slight interruptions playing Spotify thru my phone.

Yep, that's the first problem I had and it magically went away. I did a recent software update at the dealer. The biggest difference I've noticed was a more refined set of graphics on the navigation. However it seems slower now.
My dealer did a software update Monday and the graphics change was the first thing I noticed. The radio seems to have a slight improvement since the update, but still not fixed.

I think I've seen the amp issue before, so maybe that's the fix for you.

Mine wierd cause I used to complain more about music cutting g in and out and pausing. I don't get that as much, but seem to have issues with phone connection and navigation.
I’ve noticed multiple brief pauses in the music when I first leave the house in the morning. It’s usually done by the time I leave the neighborhood. It doesn’t happen anywhere else either. I’m inclined to believe it’s emails and other app notifications hitting my phone once I’m off wifi in the house.

In the past I’ve had issues getting emails and other notifications while on home wifi. Turn off wifi and bam, stuff starts dropping in over cell signal. I have no clue why that happens. :unsure:

I don't think it's the amp either. I think it's something with android auto. Something during the handshake causes the audio to cut out for a second. Both my ZR2s did it. The 22 was worse and sometimes would do it several times. The 24 seems better. It will still do it. But it's only once and only cuts out for about 1 second. Happens with in the first 30 seconds of starting the truck.

For what it's worth. Spotify through the built in works perfectly. Other than the cut out deal at start up. I use to stream through android auto, Amazon music, iTunes, ect. It was buggy and slow. The built in Amazon would only work half the time. I got Spotify and logged the truck into it and it's perfect. It connects instantly and my music resumes every time the second the truck starts. I canceled my Amazon music and switched to Spotify just because it works so much better in my truck. Works well in my wife's Tesla also.

I don't think it's the amp either. I think it's something with android auto. Something during the handshake causes the audio to cut out for a second. Both my ZR2s did it. The 22 was worse and sometimes would do it several times. The 24 seems better. It will still do it. But it's only once and only cuts out for about 1 second. Happens with in the first 30 seconds of starting the truck.

For what it's worth. Spotify through the built in works perfectly. Other than the cut out deal at start up. I use to stream through android auto, Amazon music, iTunes, ect. It was buggy and slow. The built in Amazon would only work half the time. I got Spotify and logged the truck into it and it's perfect. It connects instantly and my music resumes every time the second the truck starts. I canceled my Amazon music and switched to Spotify just because it works so much better in my truck. Works well in my wife's Tesla also.
Same exact thing happens with the iPhone. My belief, as an EE, and I stated this before a few times...the data bus handling all of the information appears to "mute" when the phone it's passing data through it. Email, calendar reminder, etc. all appear to have an effect on the radio. I think those getting "updates" thinking they see a slight improvement is all in your head. We all want to think it got better, but it truly has not IMPO. I don't think these "updates" are doing a damn thing to address the issues we are all discussing here. I can get my radio to do exactly what it's doing 100% of the time fairly easily. There is either a hardware/software issue or both and my thoughts/fears are that they will not be addressed until the next redesign and this will be what it will be.

Last edited:
Same exact thing happens with the iPhone. My belief, as an EE, and I stated this before a few times...the data bus handling all of the information appears to "mute" when the phone is passing data through it. Email, calendar reminder, etc. all appear to have an effect on the radio. I think those getting "updates" thinking they see a slight improvement is all in your head. We all want to think it got better, but it truly has not IMPO. I don't think these "updates" are doing a damn thing or address the issues we are all discussing here. I can get my radio to do exactly what it's doing 100% of the time fairly easily. There is either a hardware/software or both and my thoughts/fears are that they will not be addressed until the next redesign and this will be what it will be.
Yeah, I've never took either of mine in for it. I sorta figured it was a hardware limitation. It doesn't bother me. We had a 2019 Toyota and it's infotainment was horrible. Had to use Toyota's entune for nav. Phone had to be plugged in. Had to go through and change settings on the phone evertime you plugged it in and it didn't work half the time. Traded the car because of it actually.

lol, The 1 second pause in sound right at start up is no big deal To me. I was pretty unhappy with the streaming performance in our trucks until I figured out the Spotify deal. Anyone trying to run Amazon music will have a bad experience for sure. Sometimes it would take several mins before I could get music going. To be fair though my whole family was having some issues with their Amazon, so not real sure it was all the trucks fault.

All these car companies need to focus a little more on the infotainment. They're integrated to the point your stuck with them. Makes it a big deal when they have issues.

I found that for example if you have Spotify on your phone and Spotify on your infotainment sys. And you have the AT&T active you are using Spotify on multiple devices. This is a license agreement issue.
And not a GM infotainment issue.
Android auto wants to dominate!
The only way to fix is remove the Spotify app from your phone and use the AT&t service with the app on your Infotainment system . If you don't subscribe to the AT&T no problems it will automatically play from your phone via Android auto.
Same with many apps that have single use protocol..Your infotainment system will work flawless once you clear the double up issues..
I have two GM vehicles with the new Infotainment systems and have experienced all the same issues read about on multiple forums. After this discovery all the issues resolved.
Two different phones , Samsung 23+ and Google pixel 7pro.
Again most apps only allow one device at a time..
Hope this helps you folks !

I found that for example if you have Spotify on your phone and Spotify on your infotainment sys. And you have the AT&T active you are using Spotify on multiple devices. This is a license agreement issue.
The only way to fix is remove the Spotify app from your phone and use the AT&t service with the app on your Infotainment system . If you don't subscribe to the AT&T no problems it will automatically play from your phone via Android auto.
Same with many apps that have single use protocol..Your infotainment system will work flawless once you clear the double up issues..
I have two GM vehicles with the new Infotainment systems and have experienced all the same issues read about on multiple forums. After this discovery all the issues resolved.
I have family plans for both. So the Amazon issue wasn't that, but that's a very good point. That very likely could be some people's issue with streaming. If Android auto and the built in are both trying to run the service at the same time and you don't have a multi device account. I could see that causing problems. Good tip!

I do as well.. but unless you assign the truck to the shared account,it doesn't know so it's an issues. I don't program but all systems are subject to plagiarizum or theft of service. Biggest issue programing is differences in code and assesability.
Hope this helps.. And no I am not an expert. Just intuitive.

Same exact thing happens with the iPhone. My belief, as an EE, and I stated this before a few times...the data bus handling all of the information appears to "mute" when the phone it's passing data through it. Email, calendar reminder, etc. all appear to have an effect on the radio. I think those getting "updates" thinking they see a slight improvement is all in your head. We all want to think it got better, but it truly has not IMPO. I don't think these "updates" are doing a damn thing to address the issues we are all discussing here. I can get my radio to do exactly what it's doing 100% of the time fairly easily. There is either a hardware/software issue or both and my thoughts/fears are that they will not be addressed until the next redesign and this will be what it will be.
I turned my phone off before I got in the truck to leave work today and it cut in and out 3 times before I left the parking lot. I think you are correct about the trucks data buses being overloaded .

I thought about this some time ago. I never intended to keep WIFI service and I don't think I have paid for it since. I guess I need to check my billing to make sure I'm not paying for it still. I only listen to SiriusXM.

How do you verify whether or not it's active on your truck?

I thought about this some time ago. I never intended to keep WIFI service and I don't think I have paid for it since. I guess I need to check my billing to make sure I'm not paying for it still. I only listen to SiriusXM.

How do you verify whether or not it's active on your truck?
Does your app work? Remote start, unlock ect from your phone. Built in maps show up. If so you have data plan. Non of that works without it.

Does your app work? Remote start, unlock ect from your phone. Built in maps show up. If so you have data plan. Non of that works without it.
Yes, I use the app often. So it's so connected to OnStar or separate?

Yes, I use the app often. So it's so connected to OnStar or separate?
The app requires onstar remote access or a similar plan. It can also be bundled in other plans. You can have remote access with out the unlimited data/ hotspot plan. If the app works but the built maps don't then you just have remote access. If they both work than you have some bundle with data. They have several different plans. I have connected vehicle for 14 and unlimited data for 9.99. So I pay 25 a month. To me the data was worth 10 bucks to have all the built in stuff work and not have to do everything through my phone. I've always had remote access for probably the last 14 years. It's changed names a couple times, But it's basically always been the same thing. Enables the keyfob functions in the app from anywhere. Now they also show your vehicles location and status. Originally it was just keyfob functions through the app.

That is not correct. You can have the app and do all you stated above and not have a data plan. Mine is that way. If you see the speed limit show up on the dash and HUD, then you have it. In addition, look for a WiFi setting on your phone related to your truck...if you can connect to it, you have data. You can also hit the steering wheel button and ask Google something. If no data plan, Google will tell you and not complete your command. OnStar bills data plans separately through AT&T and does not bill it directly.

That is not correct. You can have the app and do all you stated above and not have a data plan. Mine is that way. If you see the speed limit show up on the dash and HUD, then you have it. In addition, look for a WiFi setting on your phone related to your truck...if you can connect to it, you have data. You can also hit the steering wheel button and ask Google something. If no data plan, Google will tell you and not complete your command. OnStar bills data plans separately through AT&T and does not bill it directly.
Yeah I corrected it in that second post the app uses data through on star, the other uses data through AT&T.

I guess I have to look at my billing statement to see what I'm paying for. . I thought I was just getting OnStar. I don't use the data much for services, but I do occasionally use the app map and I like the HUD.

Most Member Reactions

Back