First oil change and service

I guess I have to look at my billing statement to see what I'm paying for. . I thought I was just getting OnStar. I don't use the data much for services, but I do occasionally use the app map and I like the HUD.
You can find if you have a service and what service you have
IMG_3489.png
on the Chevy app. Go to shop-on star and connected devices-than your profile.

So I got into my account on the app and I confirmed I was paying for unwanted data. I thought I told them no data when salesman was helping me set up OnStar. The OnStar rep barely spoke my language, so maybe that didn't help.

App seems to allow you to change plans, but not cancel. Says you have to call them to cancel, go figure. Probably so they can sell you on more bullshit.

Does that seem right? Is there another way?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240112_205625.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240112_205625.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 10
So I got into my account on the app and I confirmed I was paying for unwanted data. I thought I told them no data when salesman was helping me set up OnStar. The OnStar rep barely spoke my language, so maybe that didn't help.

App seems to allow you to change plans, but not cancel. Says you have to call them to cancel, go figure. Probably so they can sell you on more bullshit.

Does that seem right? Is there another way?
Probably will have to call or push the blue button in the truck. I like the app features, but onstar sucks pretty hard. I've had lots of problems with them over the years. I got an email two days ago that said my subscription had expired and got a phone call from them yesterday trying to give me a free trial of their full service.

When I activated my HD I told them I didn't want any trails extra services, ect. I just wanted my old plan moved to the new truck. So I have no idea what expired and hopefully they don't screw with my service. They love to give you free trials then you have to call to cancel them. I've had them do it just all on their own.

They turned my LML service off one day for no reason. Called and they just Said it was an error on their side. They gave me 3 months of free service for the hassle. I kid you not, 3 months later the service just shut off and I had to call them again. I got 6 months free that time, but the service just cut off after 6 months instead of rolling back into my regular plan.

Yeah it seems confusing as hell. Looks like I've paid for 7 months of data and never used it. I guess it's my fault for not looking.

I wanted data in the Tahoe cause it has the rear entertainment system. We've used it some, but not as much as I thought. People just seem to like looking at their phones I guess. Might cancel it too.

Had free data on 2500HD, but it's done in a few days. Didn't look like it was set to renew automatically. Probably pay for On Star, but no data.

I had OnStar from 2014 to about 2020 and it didn't cost as much and I liked it. Canceled during the plandemic cause it was getting more expensive and we weren't driving. Not really sure the service is any better than it was 5 years ago. Should cost no more than $10 month for what you get.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back