First Silverado ZR2 Mod?

The DSSV's weren't designed for use with lifts of any size. Hope it works out for him.

When I put it on I was on level ground (my shop) and it rubbed turning both ways. I never drove it. I hope 34s will be okay but have not ordered yet. I am not sure whether to go with the 20s or stick with 18s and larger tire. Either way if anyone has done this, let us know.

Sorry don’t know what happened there.
I have now is 30570R18 just shy of 35s by 2 cm wanted same exact tire as stock just larger.
There was major rub on right more than anything slight cut to inner corners fixed
Problem.cut is not noticeable if done properly not visible. I’m not a auto body guy BTW just bend slightly to keep wheel liner tucked.

Attachments

• AC95D845-97A5-4E13-B3DC-9132E29DC980.jpeg
    AC95D845-97A5-4E13-B3DC-9132E29DC980.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
I have now is 30570R18 just shy of 35s by 2 cm wanted same exact tire as stock just larger.
There was major rub on right more than anything slight cut to inner corners fixed
Problem.cut is not noticeable if done properly not visible. I’m not a auto body guy BTW just bend slightly to keep wheel liner tucked
My tires and wheels come in next week as listed below. My 4x4 guy says they should be good without leveling. I will update when they are on. The tires are slightly smaller than yours that rub. We will see.
Wheels:

FUEL MAVERICK CHROME 18x9 D53618909857

BACKSPACE: 5.750

OFFSET 20MM

Tires:

NITTO RECON GRAPPLER LT295/70 R18

STOCK# (I THINK) 218610

Problem.cut is not noticeable if done properly not visible. I’m not a auto body guy BTW just bend slightly to keep wheel liner tucked
What tire did you go with? I’ve noticed some 305-70’s are taller then other manufacturers 35’s. The cooper SST’s I ran on my last truck were only 34.69. I have 4 or 5 weeks till my truck arrives and I really want to go with a 20" fuel with a -18 offset. probably not going to work with out a level or lift. any input is helpful though.

Last edited:
I went with 30570R18 same exact Goodyear MT territory dura trac as the ones it comes with. I didn’t mind the stock wheels. I feel like it’s more capable opposed to larger wheels.

Attachments

• A18A465F-1778-49AB-B65F-FE30D7663248.jpeg
    A18A465F-1778-49AB-B65F-FE30D7663248.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 361
Definitely gonna have to lift if you go offset.
I would do what you want any way this truck goes is nice 👍
hopefully you get it sooner mine came in sooner than ETA

I went with 30570R18 same exact Goodyear MT territory dura trac as the ones it comes with. I didn’t mind the stock wheels. I feel like it’s more capable opposed to larger wheels.
You got a pic from the front?

I went with 30570R18 same exact Goodyear MT territory dura trac as the ones it comes with. I didn’t mind the stock wheels. I feel like it’s more capable opposed to larger
Looks good! Don’t mind the stock wheels either. Love everything about this truck just think it would look so much better with a wider stance.

I’m just going to go ahead with a 34 I have an offset of +1 On a 20x9. Going to order tires I think this week

The DSSV's weren't designed for use with lifts of any size. Hope it works out for him.
Yes, please explain. I don’t think any manufacture ever designs their suspension for lifts of any size. It wasn’t as simple as doing a trail boss or a 2500, but it can be done and still rides the same as it did before. I am going to change the uppers, but I’m going to wait until the front end shops have the alignment specs for the zr2. Right now they had to use the specs from a 2022 trail boss and it took two shops and three days to talk them into that.

Yes, please explain. I don’t think any manufacture ever designs their suspension for lifts of any size. It wasn’t as simple as doing a trail boss or a 2500, but it can be done and still rides the same as it did before. I am going to change the uppers, but I’m going to wait until the front end shops have the alignment specs for the zr2. Right now they had to use the specs from a 2022 trail boss and it took two shops and three days to talk them into that.
Thank you. Assuming you used the Motofab 2” level? Please post uppers used or any other details necessary. I have 4-5 weeks before my truck arrives would give me time to talk my local shop into doing this for me. Would love to know specs on the rims and tires that fit under the lifted front end when completed.

Sounds like you installed it yourself

Thank you. Assuming you used the Motofab 2” level? Please post uppers used or any other details necessary. I have 4-5 weeks before my truck arrives would give me time to talk my local shop into doing this for me. Would love to know specs on the rims and tires that fit under the lifted front end when completed.
I actually haven't been able to find any uppers that are confirmed to fit. I had the frontend aligned Saturday and they had no problem with the stock uppers getting it back in spec, but I do plan to replace them. It is my belief that the uppers on our trucks are the same uppers on all 1500 Silverado 4x4's, but I can't get anyone to confirm that their aftermarket uppers will fit. I have talked with a friend of mine at a Chevy parts counter and he tells me that the ZR2 upper is the same part number as any other 4X4.

As for wheels and tires, I don't think I am going to change them. I do have a set of 1.25" spacers ordered and plan to install them when they get here.

I actually haven't been able to find any uppers that are confirmed to fit. I had the frontend aligned Saturday and they had no problem with the stock uppers getting it back in spec, but I do plan to replace them. It is my belief that the uppers on our trucks are the same uppers on all 1500 Silverado 4x4's, but I can't get anyone to confirm that their aftermarket uppers will fit. I have talked with a friend of mine at a Chevy parts counter and he tells me that the ZR2 upper is the same part number as any other 4X4.

As for wheels and tires, I don't think I am going to change them. I do have a set of 1.25" spacers ordered and plan to install them when they get here.
Ok cool! But, it was the Motofab 2” that you used?

Ok cool! But, it was the Motofab 2” that you used?
It was. There is some extra work involved in getting the shock clocked right, after installing the spacer. Since I didn't have a spring compressor, I put the top of the shock in a vice and turned the shock inside the coil-over to get them clocked correctly (you have to do this so the reservoirs will be on the back of the shock).

I ordered an ARE the day I ordered my Z, which was a in February and the delivery date is May 20th. It was the Z2 which is their top of the line cab high. I have had one on every truck for the last 30 years. Design follows function. I will forward pics when it comes in.
Thx! Like the look of the z2 and it's got some cool accessory options

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back