Found the Launch Codes

AXE

Reaction score
So now that I've got a few miles on the ZR2, I've been mashing the throttle a little harder to see what she's got.

In manual second gear from a stop, I can get these heavy Toyo RT Trails to break loose a little.

In manual third gear doing roll ons, it pulls really hard and will upshift pretty smoothly into 4th, so you can hit 60+ mph right quick.

The real fun starts in tow haul mode in manual 4th gear. This thing pulls pretty hard up to 70 mph at 5500 rpms. Engine and transmission braking kicks in when you get off the throttle and it controls the slowing process nicely with less braking input required. With higher rpms, milage goes right to hell of course, but it sure is fun puking out raw hydrocarbons!

I really hope this motor and transmission prove to be durable and have longevity. With the Multimatic DSSV suspension this truck is really fun to drive and looks very sporty!

Gonna get some offroad travel in soon to see how it handles the desert trails. I've only done a few miles off pavement........kinda disappointing for a truck like this.

So now that I've got a few miles on the ZR2, I've been mashing the throttle a little harder to see what she's got.

In manual second gear from a stop, I can get these heavy Toyo RT Trails to break loose a little.

In manual third gear doing roll ons, it pulls really hard and will upshift pretty smoothly into 4th, so you can hit 60+ mph right quick.

The real fun starts in tow haul mode in manual 4th gear. This thing pulls pretty hard up to 70 mph at 5500 rpms. Engine and transmission braking kicks in when you get off the throttle and it controls the slowing process nicely with less braking input required. With higher rpms, milage goes right to hell of course, but it sure is fun puking out raw hydrocarbons!

I really hope this motor and transmission prove to be durable and have longevity. With the Multimatic DSSV suspension this truck is really fun to drive and looks very sporty!

Gonna get some offroad travel in soon to see how it handles the desert trails. I've only done a few miles off pavement........kinda disappointing for a truck like this.
I like the shift points in the TH mode as well. To me it feels more like I would drive it if it was a manual. Power is good even up here in the altitude.

Reactions: AXE

You want even more fun??? Get one of these: www.ultimate9.co

I like the shift points in the TH mode as well. To me it feels more like I would drive it if it was a manual. Power is good even up here in the altitude.
It's pretty damn good and a lot of fun!

You want even more fun??? Get one of these: www.ultimate9.co
I'm actually considering that now to get rid of auto stop. I was hoping for more tuning options, but market doesn't seem interested in making tuners that enhance multiple functions.

I'm actually considering that now to get rid of auto stop. I was hoping for more tuning options, but market doesn't seem interested in making tuners that enhance multiple functions.
The Ultimate9 won't impact auto start/stop. But, it will make you smile ear to ear when you press on the accelerator :D

Not sure why, but I though it did. Do you use that Smart Stop Eliminator?

My Dad just bought a new Ram and wants one too.

What impact will Tow/Haul have on mileage...curious :unsure:
I think you'd have to run a longer trip to be sure, but it is definitely running higher rpms to put more power to the ground. I know for me, it would be more because I am hitting the pedal too hard.....LOL.

One other thing I noticed is that if you have it in tow/haul mode, shut off the truck, and restart it remains in tow/haul. That's how auto stop should work.

all good info. thanks. i just broke 1k mile mark and still driving like a sissy. changed oil at 500 miles. im gonna stomp on the pedal soon.

I haven't noticed any mileage difference while using TH mode. I still drive the same way as usual.
I just drove to Clemson SC in TH mode by accident, my eyes suck and didn't notice I was still in TH. That's 400+ miles and I didn't notice a difference in the mpg. I did notice a difference in how it accelerated and transmission breaking going through the mountains. I was obviously too zoned out to think much about it, but that is what made me realize it was in TH.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back