How is the 24 ZR2 with the LZ0 doing comparatively?

I seen a Ford dealer with signs out front offering 125% of book value for trades. Not sure if they need inventory or just can't sell those Fords.
KBB estimates about 60k for excellent condition :-( . Well I have driven about 10k. If they even pay 64k I will take it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Will be trying over weekend and see how it pans out.
Also looks like the 1500 ZR2 w/ V8 MSRP has gone up by $1700.
I know on my 2500 I got a +$1000 MSRP increase from order in August to delivery in October. $700 for base price and $300 for delivery.

GMs EV business is cratering and they have to stick it to everyone to make up for it. I don't think the UAW agreement has been priced in yet, but it was ratified today. They have to crush the consumer and kill the economy to reset this fucking disaster........ hold on she's gonna buck!

Thanks for the heads up. Will be trying over weekend and see how it pans out.
Also looks like the 1500 ZR2 w/ V8 MSRP has gone up by $1700.
That's the crazy part. I checked KBB before hand and it was 65k. I built a 23 model on Chevys website and it was around 77k. MSRP on mine was around 71k. About a week later KBB had dropped to around 60k. With intrest rates and prices. Half tons just aren't moving. But in your case it might be better. You are taking a new expensive half ton off the lot and giving them a cheaper lightly used one. Apparently the HDs are still moving so that's where they are trying to make the most.

How is the pickup speed on 2024 Silverado 1500 ZR2 Diesel?

I'm not sure you can compare the acceleration between a 3 liter and 6.2 liter, but I think the diesel can get out of its own way if you run the throttle a little differently on the turbo diesel than a gas engine without a turbo, but I also don't think you will ever see a 25/50/450 best MPG's like this on the 6.2 gas either ;)

Attachments

• 25 mile.jpg
    25 mile.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 50 mile.jpg
    50 mile.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 450 mile.jpg
    450 mile.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 16
That's the crazy part. I checked KBB before hand and it was 65k. I built a 23 model on Chevys website and it was around 77k. MSRP on mine was around 71k. About a week later KBB had dropped to around 60k. With intrest rates and prices. Half tons just aren't moving. But in your case it might be better. You are taking a new expensive half ton off the lot and giving them a cheaper lightly used one. Apparently the HDs are still moving so that's where they are trying to make the most.
2023-11-22_16-43-06.jpg

I'm not sure you can compare the acceleration between a 3 liter and 6.2 liter, but I think the diesel can get out of its own way if you run the throttle a little differently on the turbo diesel than a gas engine without a turbo, but I also don't think you will ever see a 25/50/450 best MPG's like this on the 6.2 gas either ;)
Thanks. I was just curious if one has to floor the accelerator to get this beast moving. 🙂

Security is right, ease into it a little slower to keep the TC locked and so it doesn't downshift too m any gears to keep the RPM's low and she will get up and go, not like a rocket, but pretty darned good. The differences in where the torque curve is for the diesel vs gas is where the magic needs to happen, if you mash it, especially with a throttle modifier, it will just unlock the TC, downshift a bunch of gears, and then you are way out of the best usable torque.

Tow haul mode and high rpms = preferred powerband.

Just took a trip to SoDak for pheasants from SW Missouri. I’ve got an LZ0 and my cousin has a 6.2. Both zr2, same model year, he has more miles (I left town it had maybe 500 miles so not broke in yet)- we both had three people, three bird dogs in the exact same kennels, shotguns, gear, water, and decked systems. About as close as you can get to identical “real world testing” as we drove together so same speeds, same conditions, same everything really.

We did a test from Council Bluffs Iowa to Bolivar MO. We hit KC rush hour on Thanksgiving eve so went 635 bypass but still did some stop and go due to backed up traffic at Belton. 320 miles at speeds of excess. He had to draft a semi the last few miles to make it to the first Bolivar exit and still coasted into the pump.

At fill up, I added 16.5 gallons @ $67.51 ($4.09 per gallon diesel). He added 24.24 gallons @ $80 ($3.30 per gallon premium)…he was bone dry and they squeezed a quarter gallon in somewhere 😅 - and before I catch it from the group, I know the tank is 24 gallons, either it fit a bit more or the pump was off, I looked at the pump myself to verify.

My DEF gauge went down one mark so assuming a few bucks usage in DEF as well. If I keep my speed reasonable, I can see much better MPG than the 6.2 but it’s tough in that open country with speed limits 80+

All in, going from the ‘22 6.2 version to the 3.0 LZ0, I’m very happy with it. The hole shot difference is noticeable but not terrible, I never felt out of power under normal driving conditions…it will lose in a straight drag race but how often do you actually do that? On the highway, if you are used to driving a modern diesel with turbo spool up, it’s a very solid option in my personal opinion. Overall mileage is quite a bit better, range is where it’s hands down a winner, and the power train combo is butter smooth. Torque delivery is instant, minimal curve, which was awesome on two tracks and off road driving during the hunt.

For my personal needs, glad I made the switch. Hope that helps.

For getting going to pass on the highway? Or for towing?
Whenever you like, but banging though the gears in manual, tow haul mode, higher rpms, and a Magnaflow exhaust is a whole different experience in this truck.

I would imagine the 3.0 diesel is the same cause it was on my previous 2500s. Gotta stay up on the turbo if you want the responsiveness.

It ain't no Ducati two valve, but it's still fun!

After reading this thread, might fuck around and find out on the LZ0...

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe my wife gets angry. Maybe I buy the evcx530... I dunno.

I highly recommend the evcX530. If you don't like it, return it for a refund. It will wake up your truck and put a BIG FAT smile on your face :D

Reactions: AXE

The only downside to FAFO is the FO!

She told me she was upset. I said again? or still?

After the lasers subsided, I informed her that it is a quite well known fact, that the LZ0 will solve most problems.

I laughed, she didn't, Alexa laughed, and then I told her as soon as my truck is back from the stealer, It's getting swapped for the Diesel. Never had one. Looking forward to it.

She told me she was upset. I said again? or still?

After the lasers subsided, I informed her that it is a quite well known fact, that the LZ0 will solve most problems.

I laughed, she didn't, Alexa laughed, and then I told her as soon as my truck is back from the stealer, It's getting swapped for the Diesel. Never had one. Looking forward to it.
LO-Fn-L, (y) When mine pulls the "happy wife happy life" thing, I say NO, HAPPY SPOUSE HAPPY HOUSE, 2 way street, then I remind her that we can always discuss shoes and cloths that still have the price tags on them if she wants to get picky, I ask for so little, but when I do, I expect cooperation, or she can expect me to be somewhat less than cooperative. But it only extremely rarely comes to that. Like right now, we are losing a pup to an aggresive lymphoma (eventually), so when I come home in 6 months with 2 from the same litter, she may bitch that it is too soon or some shit, but I expect her to get on board, and she will, even if I have to sleep on the couch for a couple nights. A win is a win!

Most Member Reactions

Back