GM 19433432 Dash Cam Install

ZR2EDDYB

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience installing the GM 19433432 Front/Rear dash cam kit? I cannot find any information specific to this kit. Most interested in where the harness plugs in under the dash.

Does anyone have experience installing the GM 19433432 Front/Rear dash cam kit? I cannot find any information specific to this kit. Most interested in where the harness plugs in under the dash.

I have that camera in my truck. Super easy install. It's powered through the ECU connector.

Here is a link to the install instructions

It’s on its way. I’ll post an install thread.

Also capitalized on the 20% off storage. Was able to get $51 off the under rear seat organizer.

I have a Vantrue N4 Pro 3 in mine. I like it. Seems to work well. It's not plug and play, But all it needs is a power and ground. I have mine setup to record 24/7. It's on a separate 20ah battery, so it will record for for a long time with the truck off.

I have a Vantrue N4 Pro 3 in mine. I like it. Seems to work well. It's not plug and play, But all it needs is a power and ground. I have mine setup to record 24/7. It's on a separate 20ah battery, so it will record for for a long time with the truck off.
Venture makes nice dash cams.

The GM camera system in this thread goes into parking mode after shutdown. Then when you get back in the truck it tells you how many events were recorded.

The GM camera system in this thread goes into parking mode after shutdown. Then when you get back in the truck it tells you how many events were recorded.
That's cool. Kind of the same deal N4. It has a parking mode also with bluetooth and wifi. So you can get push notifications on your phone if you want. You can also watch the video on your phone if you want. I used parking mode on my last truck with a different model. But it only really is triggered if the truck is bumped or the is door opened. I switched this one to 24/7 and added an auxiliary battery. I park in a garage at home, But if we go kayaking or take the regular boat to out. I kind of like it just always recording if the truck is sitting at the ramp or just on the side of the road somewhere, lol.

On the GM one do you view the video on the infotainment?

That's cool. Kind of the same deal N4. It has a parking mode also with bluetooth and wifi. So you can get push notifications on your phone if you want. You can also watch the video on your phone if you want. I used parking mode on my last truck with a different model. But it only really is triggered if the truck is bumped or the is door opened. I switched this one to 24/7 and added an auxiliary battery. I park in a garage at home, But if we go kayaking or take the regular boat to out. I kind of like it just always recording if the truck is sitting at the ramp or just on the side of the road somewhere, lol.

I don't think so...I believe it just records to the SD card.

No viewing on the infotainment screen. Just phone or tablet viewing. Your set up sounds well designed and thought out. I liked the simplicity of the GM system; run the wires for both cameras and plug into OBD port.

No viewing on the infotainment screen. Just phone or tablet viewing. Your set up sounds well designed and thought out. I liked the simplicity of the GM system; run the wires for both cameras and plug into OBD port.
I think it basically would work the same way if you wired mine in to constant 12v and enabled parking mode. GM one is a little cheaper though. Mine doesn't come with the extra battery. Default you either connect it to keyed power or constant power and enable parking mode. I mean you could run it 24/7 while connected to the main battery and just set the voltage cut off to keep it from pulling down the main battery to low. I just didn't want it pulling on the main battery every time I parked. I just put a 60 dollar LifePO4 20ah battery under the drivers seat and wired the camera and a couple charging points to it. When the truck is on the battery charges. When the truck is off it's isolated from the main battery. But it allows the camera to stay recording or me to charge phones and tablets, ect while the truck is off. Could probably do the same setup with any Dash cam.

But the built in blutooth and wifi is nice. My last one didn't have that. So you had to either view the video on the camera screen or pull the SD card and use a reader. One thing I keep meaning to try is to see if when I remote start my truck, if the trucks hotspot turns on or not. If it does that would be pretty cool. I could remote start the truck with the app and than pull up the camera online to view live video. Probably no reason to ever do it. But be kind of funny if it would work that way, lol.

Is there any advantage of going with an OEM dash cam vs an aftermarket one like the Garmin or many others out there ? Some aftermarket ones seem to have way more features then the Chevy one and easier to install.

Is there any advantage of going with an OEM dash cam vs an aftermarket one like the Garmin or many others out there ? Some aftermarket ones seem to have way more features than the Chevy one and easier to install.
Really, the only advantage is the plug and play install. It sounds like aftermarket is simple wiring, but I tend to opt for OEM for these types of accessories.

There lots of dash cams to choose from. The only reason I went the GM route was for plug-n-play simplicity. Also, if a dealership try’s to say my dash cam caused something I can point to it being a GM product. If you have a nice service writer to deal with they can actually add it to your vehicle and it becomes a covered part. Unfortunately, I don’t have such a service writer.

There lots of dash cams to choose from. The only reason I went the GM route was for plug-n-play simplicity. Also, if a dealership try’s to say my dash cam caused something I can point to it being a GM product. If you have a nice service writer to deal with they can actually add it to your vehicle and it becomes a covered part. Unfortunately, I don’t have such a service writer.
I think any gm accessories you add when you buy the truck are added to the trucks warranty. But you have to have the dealer put them on and it has to be before you take delivery. Items you purchase later typically have a 12 month warranty. Or at least that's what I was told.

I think any gm accessories you add when you buy the truck are added to the trucks warranty. But you have to have the dealer put them on and it has to be before you take delivery. Items you purchase later typically have a 12 month warranty. Or at least that's what I was told.
They are not added to the trucks warranty. The dash cam warranty is 3/36 through the manufacturer...not GM.

I've thought about adding a dash cam, but wasn't sure if it would help me or put me in jail for all the violations I commit.

Guys would wear GoPros on our motorcycle rides and say "you should get one". I'd say "I don't want to incriminate myself and I already know what the sky looks like".

#doublejeopardy

I've thought about adding a dash cam, but wasn't sure if it would help me or put me in jail for all the violations I commit.

Guys would wear GoPros on our motorcycle rides and say "you should get one". I'd say "I don't want to incriminate myself and I already know what the sky looks like".

#doublejeopardy
In tonights news cops arrested over 30 people that went into an empty Best Buy parking lot and started a drifting competition while spectators were doing a live IG broadcast. Of course they were broadcasting all the faces and the vehicles tags and location. Can't get any dummer than that, lol. How many cops have incriminated themselves with their own bodycams. I think I'll also hold off for a while on that dashcam myself.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back