GM 19433432 Dash Cam Install

LOL.......most of the stooopid stuff I do is out in the rural areas where there isn't much happening. Ironically, that's where I also get picked up the most. Been pulled over plenty, but only a few tickets.

If I get pulled over, I just take my medicine. I've probably deserved 10x the tickets I've gotten. I've only had one county sheriff screaming at me cause I rolled around a corner in bfe, grabbed a handful of throttle and rode about 200 foot power wheelie with my tire about 2 feet off the ground. I just told him, I ride better on one than most do on four. Not sure he believed it.

He didn't see this one about a mile up the road taken with my original dashcam Sony handheld 8MP special.

Attachments

• MOV01999.MPG
    14.2 MB
Last edited:
In tonights news cops arrested over 30 people that went into an empty Best Buy parking lot and started a drifting competition while spectators were doing a live IG broadcast. Of course they were broadcasting all the faces and the vehicles tags and location. Can't get any dummer than that, lol. How many cops have incriminated themselves with their own bodycams. I think I'll also hold off for a while on that dashcam myself.
Can’t fix stupid 😂

I was able to install these cameras over the last weekend. Had a hell of a time with the OBD replacement portion bracket and I could never fully get the driver side a pillar off. Currently, the wire might interfere with the side curtain airbag if it ever goes off.

The rest of the install was pretty straightforward.

I was able to install these cameras over the last weekend. Had a hell of a time with the OBD replacement portion bracket and I could never fully get the driver side a pillar off. Currently, the wire might interfere with the side curtain airbag if it ever goes off.

The rest of the install was pretty straightforward.
You have to pull on the a-pillar VERY hard for it to pop off...strong mental clip!

You have to pull on the a-pillar VERY hard for it to pop off...strong mental clip!
Pulling hard must be an understatement. I wasn’t prepared to rip anything out so I will have to revisit to arrange the wires.

Did you pull out (towards the passenger side) or down (towards the back of the truck)?

Pulling hard must be an understatement. I wasn’t prepared to rip anything out so I will have to revisit to arrange the wires.

Did you pull out (towards the passenger side) or down (towards the back of the truck)?
You sorta of pull towards your center console. Not straight to the side and not straight to the back. Pull the top out first and work your way down. It shouldn't be that hard. You just do a little bit of a jerk on them.

You sorta of pull towards your center console. Not straight to the side and not straight to the back. Pull the top out first and work your way down. It shouldn't be that hard. You just do a little bit of a jerk on them.
I did just buy some trim removal tools, hope it helps. I removed the two bolts holding the grab handle but could not get the pillar to fully detach and I gave it some pretty hard pulls.

I did just buy some trim removal tools, hope it helps. I removed the two bolts holding the grab handle but could not get the pillar to fully detach and I gave it some pretty hard pulls.
Pull harder...it's a bitch to get that metal clip to release but it will.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back