GM performance Zr2 exhaust on backorder.

Diesel328

Founding Member
Reaction score
I ordered the GM performance exhaust doe my ZR2 and was told it is on backorder for 10-15 days. Anyone else in the same boat? Or if you have got it how do you like it?

I ordered the GM performance exhaust doe my ZR2 and was told it is on backorder for 10-15 days. Anyone else in the same boat? Or if you have got it how do you like it?
It does appear to be on backorder. I placed an online order on Saturday on the GMC Accessories website (for my AT4X) and received an email today saying it was on backorder. No ETA was given. It just said it'll ship as soon as they arrive.

Is that the Borla exhaust? S-type or Atak? That’s probably goin to be my first major upgrade when I get mine

Correct, it's a Borla. From the GM Accessories website - "6.2L Cat-Back Dual Rear Exit Upgrade System for Short Wheel Base Models by Borla - Part No. : 19433388." From what I've read online, it seems to be comparable to the S-type. I can't wait to find out firsthand.

Keep in mind y'all the ZR2 exhaust does NOT exit through the bumper and instead ends right before the bumper for a better departure angle.
Make sure to order correctly.

Pictured below is the 6.2L Cat-Back Dual Rear Exit Upgrade System for Short Wheel Base Models by Borla - Chevy Accessories Part No. : 19433388.

Attachments

• ZR2 exhaust end.jpg
    ZR2 exhaust end.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 117
Well I hope it's only a few weeks. This truck is way to quiet. My father drove it the other day and commented that it seemed quieter than his escalade.
I usually just install them myself, but I don't have a lift and I would have to cut the old one to get it out. I would rather have it in one piece. Plus the dealer said it would only be 100.00 to install and they would add it to my vin# and it would be covered under the factory warranty. So that's worth it right there to me.

I ordered mine last Thursday, got an email saying it was back ordered. Then Friday I got another email saying it was shipped to my dealer. I picked it up Tuesday morning and put it on. So far I'm impressed with the sound. Nice and healthy V8 now. Bit pricey, but I used my Chevy points and it was 20% off so, guess it all works out in the end. If it wasn't for NY state cracking down on aftermarket exhaust systems, I would have just put a muffler on it. But since this was a factory order part, cant say anything about it during inspections.

I'm in NY as well. This state sucks for sure. That's another reason I am going to have the dealer install it. Good to hear it didn't take too long, hopefully mine is the same.

I'm in NY as well. This state sucks for sure. That's another reason I am going to have the dealer install it. Good to hear it didn't take too long, hopefully mine is the same.
We should be fine even if we install it at home, as it's 50-state emissions legal, however I also had installed at the store to be safe.

I ordered mine last Thursday, got an email saying it was back ordered. Then Friday I got another email saying it was shipped to my dealer. I picked it up Tuesday morning and put it on. So far I'm impressed with the sound. Nice and healthy V8 now. Bit pricey, but I used my Chevy points and it was 20% off so, guess it all works out in the end. If it wasn't for NY state cracking down on aftermarket exhaust systems, I would have just put a muffler on it. But since this was a factory order part, cant say anything about it during inspections.
Wait where did you order it? My dealer in Westchester said nocando. I want to find a NY dealer who will do!

If anyone can even DM me a dealer, I would be appreciative. I thought I was going to have to (and I still may) drive to CT or NJ to get it installed.

If anyone can even DM me a dealer, I would be appreciative. I thought I was going to have to (and I still may) drive to CT or NJ to get it installed.
I ordered mine through my chevrolet app. Used my points and paid the difference. Then it asked what dealer I wanted it shipped to. Pick Heinrich in Lockport, NY. That's where I bought the truck. There was an option for $120 for them to install it also. But I just did it myself, took maybe an hour total to remove and install.

Diesel328 you live in WNY? I've yet to see any other ZR2's here. What color did you get? Mines silver.
Yes, in Lockport. I Saw your truck at Heinrich, it came in a few weeks before mine. I ordered mine from West Herr Chevrolet on transit, but I get it serviced at Heinrich. I got Glacier blue.

Last edited:
Nice
Yes, in Lockport. I Saw your truck at Heinrich, it came in a few weeks before mine. I ordered mine from West Herr Chevrolet on transit, but I get it serviced at Heinrich. I got Glacier blue.

Nice, yea I wanted dark ash metallic but it was constrained. So I got silver, but im happy with it now. The black contrasts good on it

Most Member Reactions

Back