Corsa Exhaust

BW0311

Reaction score
Finally received the Corsa exhaust I ordered in December and my truck shop installed it yesterday. When I picked it up the guy at the counter told me it was the loudest exhaust they have installed in a very long time. That worried me a bit. We go out in the lot and hit the remote start to hear it. He wasn't joking. The initial start up is wake the dead loud!!! After about 30 seconds it starts to quiet down and eventually lands at a very subtle growl, which I liked. I'm a early riser and I'm usually out of the house around 0500 every day. My neighbors (and wife) are going to really dislike me.

Finally received the Corsa exhaust I ordered in December and my truck shop installed it yesterday. When I picked it up the guy at the counter told me it was the loudest exhaust they have installed in a very long time. That worried me a bit. We go out in the lot and hit the remote start to hear it. He wasn't joking. The initial start up is wake the dead loud!!! After about 30 seconds it starts to quiet down and eventually lands at a very subtle growl, which I liked. I'm a early riser and I'm usually out of the house around 0500 every day. My neighbors (and wife) are going to really dislike me.
It is no louder at start-up than my Borla was. It does have a different tone though at cold start. Still loving my Corsa!

I love it once it settles down. But that initial start up is very rough. I had a magnaflow before and it was nowhere this loud on start up.
That's the nice thing about Magnaflow. Start up actually sounds good and so does driving.

yup.

I really want to run mine with just the muffler delete pipe. I think I need to fab up a pipe that will just replace the Magnaflow and fit up the same. That way I could drop it easily from time to time and be anti social for a while.

In case anyone else with a Bison wants to swap their exhaust - My shop did have to modify the front steel plate in order to make the Corsa exhaust fit properly. They did a really great job with the modification and I didn't lose any protection other than the exhaust pipe.

In case anyone else with a Bison wants to swap their exhaust - My shop did have to modify the front steel plate in order to make the Corsa exhaust fit properly. They did a really great job with the modification and I didn't lose any protection other than the exhaust pipe.
can you show pics of the modification and how the pipes look please. I'm thinking of doing the cat back with black powder coated tips on mine.

can you show pics of the modification and how the pipes look please. I'm thinking of doing the cat back with black powder coated tips on mine.
ZR2Corsa1.jpg

Here’s the exhaust tips and the best pic I could take of the modified skid plate.

Attachments

• IMG_4236.jpeg
    IMG_4236.jpeg
    408 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4234.jpeg
    IMG_4234.jpeg
    416.1 KB · Views: 63
My mpg has remained the same.....I think it has something to do with my LEAD FOOT :ROFLMAO:
I do a lot of driving in heavily "monitored" areas. They love to write tickets! So that keeps me in check. A round trip into DC last weekend (late night so little to no traffic getting there and back) and that's where I really noticed it. I averaged 23mpg on the trip and that was keeping it between 55-65MPH. Normally my average would have been 18-19mpg

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back