AXE
🏆 ZR2 of the Month
- Feb 21, 2023
- 7,883
- 18,409
- #1
Thread Owner
I am about to pull the trigger on a new toyhauler cause my old one is just too hard to load with my bigger sxs. I have the GM gooseneck option added to my rig, so I was going to covert the standard 5th wheel hitch on the trailer to a gooseneck hitch.
I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the Reese Goosebox hitch or maybe the Gen Y or Shocker brands. The trailer manufacturer will only warranty the Reese brand, so I'm inclined to go that route. They never used to warranty standard gooseneck hitches, cause they caused structural damage, but the do now.
Seems like all three get decent reviews and everyone likes them much better than the standard 5th wheel plates that are bulky and in the way for bed use.
Let me know what you think!
I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the Reese Goosebox hitch or maybe the Gen Y or Shocker brands. The trailer manufacturer will only warranty the Reese brand, so I'm inclined to go that route. They never used to warranty standard gooseneck hitches, cause they caused structural damage, but the do now.
Seems like all three get decent reviews and everyone likes them much better than the standard 5th wheel plates that are bulky and in the way for bed use.
Let me know what you think!







