Door Sill = 26 inches
Door Handle = 53 inches
Top of Cab Back = 81 inches
Front Bed Steps = 26 inches
Reciever Hitch Center = 23.5 inches
Rear Bumper Top = 35 inches
How long is it bumper to bumper?

Reactions: AXE
Curious what the ground to top of cab is with 35s and a 1.5” front level kit?

I just pulled some measurements on the truck for reference from ground up

Tailgate Down = 41.5 inches
Bed Rails = 61 inches
Door Sill = 26 inches
Door Handle = 53 inches
Top of Cab Back = 81 inches
Front Bed Steps = 26 inches
Reciever Hitch Center = 23.5 inches
Rear Bumper Top = 35 inches
I was curious as to how my 1500 ZR2 with 4” lift measured up. I found that I am 1/4” to 3/4” shorter than your 2500 HD measurements. With the longer bed this thing is definitely in beast category. Can't wait to see one in person when they become more plentiful.

Curious what the ground to top of cab is with 35s and a 1.5” front level kit?
I think it would be about the same. The design of the cab is such that the rear just forward of the taillight is tallest part. The antenna might get close with level.

Here's specs from GM website.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231029_180721_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231029_180721_Chrome.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 80
Here's specs from GM website.
Lol I've looked at that a bunch. I got excited when you said 81" tall. My garage on the house is 82 3/4" that 82.6 had me slightly worried. 😅

Lol I've looked at that a bunch. I got excited when you said 81" tall. My garage on the house is 82 3/4" that 82.6 had me slightly worried. 😅
LOL......my truck wouldn’t fit in these crappy garages they build around here. My garage is full of toys and my wife hates it.

I'm not sure if I didn't measure quite right, but I got the 81 by dropping a tape straight down the back of the cab on side of drives haft. Maybe its a little taller a little further from back of cab. I suppose each truck could be different.

LOL......my truck wouldn’t fit in these crappy garages they build around here. My garage is full of toys and my wife hates it.

I'm not sure if I didn't measure quite right, but I got the 81 by dropping a tape straight down the back of the cab on side of drives haft. Maybe its a little taller a little further from back of cab. I suppose each truck could be different.
Yours is probably right. I'm wondering if that 82.6 is from the radio antenna. Atleast that's what my hope was. Last few trucks I've had the whip antenna would hit but the truck fit other than that. I don't know if it's intentional, but it tends to be the tallest point.

My garage is my fault unfortunately. But 20 years ago the door height was fine. The garage itself is 22' wide x 36' Deep. Door height has been more of a concern has vehicles keep getting bigger. Worse case I have a detached shop with 12'x12' doors lol

I had another quick look at cab. I do believe that GM spec is correct. The cab appears to be slightly taller at the b pillar middle of cab. I didn't measure it, but looks like back of cab has a slight slope rearward from center of cab. Light and louver sits flush with cab.

Antennae is shorter than normal. I'll probably still replace it.

Attachments

• 20231030_110235.jpg
    20231030_110235.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 23
Thanks for posting these I was curious to how they would compare to my 21 3500HD
I have with the 3 inch Lift, Level kit from Superlift installed in with 285-75-18 tires , it appears I may gain a 1/4 inch or so but other than dead on height wise . I was wondering if I was losing height so now i know and won't have to worry on that .

Thanks for posting these I was curious to how they would compare to my 21 3500HD
I have with the 3 inch Lift, Level kit from Superlift installed in with 285-75-18 tires , it appears I may gain a 1/4 inch or so but other than dead on height wise . I was wondering if I was losing height so now i know and won't have to worry on that .
What steps your using? I was gonna go with AMP XLs and they are bulkier below the rocker, but they drop 13 inches which may be too much. The standard ones drop about 8.75 inches. I would like about 10 inches of drop, but don't see that in the autos.

For the new ZR2 I ordered the Factory power folding ones my 21 has the round steps that came with it also .

For the new ZR2 I ordered the Factory power folding ones my 21 has the round steps that came with it also .
Now that I have this one and taken the measurements, I wish I had ordered the factory ones. It's only a few hundred more than Amps.

I was planning to use those Amp XLs, but I think they drop to much would be better for 8 to 10 inch lift truck.

Also wanted to add some flatter fixed running boards, but they don't drop enough. I don't like the ones with drop footsteps as well.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back