🔥 HOT Hood Paint Damage bulletin and fix is finally here

I'm considering buying a new '24. does anyone know if this problem has been resolved? the entire pint deal with GM has me pretty gun shy.

I'm considering buying a new '24. does anyone know if this problem has been resolved? the entire pint deal with GM has me pretty gun shy.
My understanding is that it has not been. Some that had the GM "fix" stated that it started doing it again. Very disappointing indeed.

My 2023 had the tape under the scoop all the way around. I can see a space between the scoop and the hood. So they shouldn't touch on the 2023 models. I'm using " shouldn't" with caution ,LOL!

My 2023 had the tape under the scoop all the way around. I can see a space between the scoop and the hood. So they shouldn't touch on the 2023 models. I'm using " shouldn't" with caution ,LOL!
Not all 23 models. I believe that most of us with a 23 do not have that. Maybe your dealer did it before you bought it because I don't believe it came that way.

Not all 23 models. I believe that most of us with a 23 do not have that. Maybe your dealer did it before you bought it because I don't believe it came that way.
That's possible. They never mentioned it. I did ask them if that problem was fixed and the sales guy said yes?

Reactions: AXE
Sales guys always say everything is "fixed" ;) Now please sign here..........
It either happens or it doesn't! Mine looks like Von Dutch pin striping......gonna sell it at a premium.

Just like electronics, lifters, crank bearings, FPCM, etc. They'll "fix it for 2025, then change truck in 2026........and the beat goes on!

Attachments

• 20231227_171221.jpg
    20231227_171221.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20231227_171250.jpg
    20231227_171250.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 75
Just noticed mine today.

Btw, how much time dealership usually takes or keep truck with them to fix this issue?

1000039751.jpg

Reactions: AXE
Just noticed mine today.

Btw, how much time dealership usually takes or keep truck with them to fix this issue?

View attachment 9248
I would hold off if I were you. Let GM come up with a real plan to fix it or you'll be doing it again. Yours looks like mine...not "bad" yet but, will likely get a bit worse over time. Hang tight and see what happens as we enter the Spring.

Last edited:
I would hold off if I were you. Let GM come up with a real plan to fix it or you'll be doing it again. Yours looks like mine...not "bad" yet but, will likely get a bit worse over time. Hang tight and see what happens as we enter the Spring.
The fix is in as they say.......now they just have to wait you out. Bean counter.....101 do the least for the least.......custom satisfaction does not matter.

I just got a GM Customer Satisfaction survey. I blasted them on their shitty paint and infotainment/electronics. Basically said how can you design and construct an otherwise awesome truck and then fail to paint it well and install reliable electronics.

There's always 2026 to look forward too.

@GearheadSS My truck is currently with a Chevy dealer to fix this issue. They called me a couple of days ago and said it was finished. I am supposed to pick it up tomorrow but I stopped by to see the repair after-hours the other night and the only thing they did was add a rubber gasket around the whole scoop. The paint is still chipped underneath. I called GM and they have documented the situation, but can't seem to find this bulletin. I have told them both the PIT5930A and document #6267697. I don't think the dealership was able to find this bulletin either. Any rate, they have had my truck for 2 weeks and the only thing they did was add a gasket. Have you heard of results of repairs of this issue at your dealership?

@GearheadSS My truck is currently with a Chevy dealer to fix this issue. They called me a couple of days ago and said it was finished. I am supposed to pick it up tomorrow but I stopped by to see the repair after-hours the other night and the only thing they did was add a rubber gasket around the whole scoop. The paint is still chipped underneath. I called GM and they have documented the situation, but can't seem to find this bulletin. I have told them both the PIT5930A and document #6267697. I don't think the dealership was able to find this bulletin either. Any rate, they have had my truck for 2 weeks and the only thing they did was add a gasket. Have you heard of results of repairs of this issue at your dealership?
That sucks and, as we all know, that's not right and how it was supposed to be repaired. Keep us posted on how this progresses.

my selling dealer had no idea either. i provided them the info from the forum. i have opted to wait on this repair because it seems a little fugazzy. the double stick tape from amazon??? they did say my hood would need a complete respray and it would take 8 days.

my selling dealer had no idea either. i provided them the info from the forum. i have opted to wait on this repair because it seems a little fugazzy. the double stick tape from amazon??? they did say my hood would need a complete respray and it would take 8 days.
May be hood replacement is more efficient.

I am still dealing with this. Waiting on call from service manager at dealership and GM lead advisor. Basically I am being lied to and screwed around with them having my truck the last 3 weeks and doing nothing. Here are some pictures of the gasket I mentioned with the paint still chipped. Got another call today saying that my truck is done (again) but somehow nobody knows what exactly they "bodyshop" (aka some dudes house.... yeah, I found out its just somebody with a barn in the backyard) has done. They keep saying it is repainted, but the PPF is still on and I guarantee if i take the piece of rubber off I would still be able to see the chipped paint.

UPDATE:
Service manager called me back and said he talked to the "bodyshop" and they will now ACTUALLY repaint the hood and "follow the bulletin to a T". So, maybe after not having my truck for a whole month I will get it back and it be done correctly...

Attachments

• 20240117_175018036_iOS.jpg
    20240117_175018036_iOS.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240117_175606147_iOS.jpg
    20240117_175606147_iOS.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 48
I am still dealing with this. Waiting on call from service manager at dealership and GM lead advisor. Basically I am being lied to and screwed around with them having my truck the last 3 weeks and doing nothing. Here are some pictures of the gasket I mentioned with the paint still chipped. Got another call today saying that my truck is done (again) but somehow nobody knows what exactly they "bodyshop" (aka some dudes house.... yeah, I found out its just somebody with a barn in the backyard) has done. They keep saying it is repainted, but the PPF is still on and I guarantee if i take the piece of rubber off I would still be able to see the chipped paint.

UPDATE:
Service manager called me back and said he talked to the "bodyshop" and they will now ACTUALLY repaint the hood and "follow the bulletin to a T". So, maybe after not having my truck for a whole month I will get it back and it be done correctly...
that blows. unfortunately to date, this is the fix.... unless more trucks have this issue.

Most Member Reactions

Back