Idle

Stigg

Reaction score
I don’t know if any of you have noticed this or not. I’m in Fort Worth and it has been very hot lately. This morning it was 80ish and the idle on my truck is right around 500rpm like it always has been. However, when it gets 100-109 I have noticed, and even took my truck into the dealership, to see why my truck would high idle to 750 to 1,000rpm.

Have any of you experienced or noticed this?

I don’t know if any of you have noticed this or not. I’m in Fort Worth and it has been very hot lately. This morning it was 80ish and the idle on my truck is right around 500rpm like it always has been. However, when it gets 100-109 I have noticed, and even took my truck into the dealership, to see why my truck would high idle to 750 to 1,000rpm.

Have any of you experienced or noticed this?
Probably to meet the increased demand of the air conditioning system. They can get pretty hot with the refrigerant going from a liquid to a gas, back & forth. As soon as you turn on the compressor you should get at least a low speed fan and that continued cooling can become both fans at full speed. It definitely takes more charging to run both fans at high speed. I would say that it's normal with this kind of heat, but I'm no expert on this newer electronic equipment these trucks have.

I'm in Arizona and mine runs a lot closer to 650-750 it seems. Not sure I paid attention before, but don't think it's much different than cooler temps.

I know that I can feel less power and get worse fuel mileage now than before. So the motor is definitely working harder. I never seen a different with my diesels, as they manage power better with higher torque.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back