Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

I still think it is a satelite radio problem. Whenever I go under a overpass, I lose the radio. When I exit the under pass it returns. No big deal. Maybe a better antenna
would help the reception.
trust me....its every source. try them all in your rig and report back. satelite is always gonna blank out.
its a software glitch.

Power supply is bad or poor quality. Three rigs, three variations of performance! If it was software, it'd be more consistent.

Why does my charger work normally in my 24, but randomly in the other two?

Electronics are made up of a series of janky bits! Only fix is quit buying this crapola...... but everyone loves em!

Last edited:
Power supply is bad or poor quality. Three rigs, the variations of performance! If it was software, it'd be more consistent.

Why does my charger work normally in my 24, but randomly in the other two?

Electronics are made up of a series of janky bits! Only fix is quit buying this crapola...... but everyone loves em!
hey AXE...if it were power related, i would think you would get a more random pattern of drops....as power supply got weaker more mishaps then dying. mine are consistent and uniform like its programmed.

hey AXE...if it were power related, i would think you would get a more random pattern of drops....as power supply got weaker more mishaps then dying. mine are consistent and uniform like its programmed.
Mines all over the place, never consistent. There's been times where I thought it fixed itself and then right back to crapola.

More like a loss of power, bad connection, loose wire, intermittent power supply. Mainly on my 22. If mine was as bad as some describe, I'd put a hammer to it and break out my Walkman and cassettes.

I'm just gonna wait until 2028 and spend another $100k on one and tell myself this is some really nice stuff and I should ignore the problems with the last three.

Last edited:
Mines all over the place, never consistent. There's been times where I thought it fixed itself and then right back to crapola.

More like a loss of power, bad connection, loose wire, intermittent power supply. Mainly on my 22. If mine was as bad as some describe, I'd put a hammer to it and break out my Walkman and cassettes.

I'm just gonna wait until 2028 and spend another $100k on one and tell myself this is some really nice stuff and I should ignore the peobkens with the last three.
With all the crap going on in the world, let's all pray we'll be here in 2028.....

With all the crap going on in the world, let's all pray we'll be here in 2028.....
I'm just hoping that my electronics in
The aliens will be sure we're still here.....they love this form of entertainment! They are taking bets on Draft Kings!

My 23's Infotainment system cuts in and out periodically, it's just a quick in/out but starting to get annoying. It actually rebooted on it's own one time. It impacts the phone, the radio, the sound of the blinkers, etc.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to take it in when I have time.

Thanks
Rick
Yes my 23 does it all the time, soon after its started, VERY annoying.

I have been having the same issues with mine since I bought the truck. Sometimes it just cuts out for a second a couple times when I start driving. Sometimes it cuts out and I have to change the channel and it comes back on. Yesterday it cut out after about 2 seconds and then never came back on no matter what I tried. I turned the truck off and back on and it did the same thing. Today, no issues at all. I made an appointment to take it in but I just feel like its not going to fix anything. Does anyone actually have an Infotainment unit that works flawlessly?

I have been having the same issues with mine since I bought the truck. Sometimes it just cuts out for a second a couple times when I start driving. Sometimes it cuts out and I have to change the channel and it comes back on. Yesterday it cut out after about 2 seconds and then never came back on no matter what I tried. I turned the truck off and back on and it did the same thing. Today, no issues at all. I made an appointment to take it in but I just feel like its not going to fix anything. Does anyone actually have an Infotainment unit that works flawlessly?
No :(

nobody here...

nobody here...
Yes.......I don't think my wife's 23 Tahoe has many issues. I'm not in it much, but I asked her about it and she said she only noticed it once. Different points of manufacturing and may be using different parts suppliers, at least parts bin are supplied differently. That's why I don't believe it's software related. My 24 has done it a couple times, but not like the 22.

Since about a week after I posted this, I have had the audio cutting out multiple times per drive. It's super annoying.
It may come and go. Just when you think it somehow fixed itself it shows up again.

It may come and go. Just when you think it somehow fixed itself it shows up again.
I guess it's just a "characteristic" of the truck. I find it hard to believe this can't be corrected. I guess GMC just doesn't care.

Yep it's not a safety or legal issue, so it'll get ignored. It is interesting that it appears to still exist in the 2024s. I would have thought they could have fixed it if it was software or flushed the shitty hardware by now.

Just an update, my truck has 1 month now and 2000miles, I drive it daily and the issue is there but now it's not often as it was, now it only does it 2 minutes after I start the trip one or two times and after that nothing more during the day.
I had a 2021 LTZ and the radio also came on and off and even some times it stays off until I shut off the truck , open the door and then turn it on again, I don't know, maybe is a GM thing..... The dealer was also clueless with the LTZ.

For those wondering what happened to this issue, my local dealership just tested the fix on my truck and the issue is now gone. You may wanna reach out to your local dealerships for the update. It is a USB port update and a radio update and now the issue is gone. Just done today.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back