Just Ordered My ZR2 HD Slate Grey August 2nd

OP
ZR2Cajun

ZR2Cajun

Reaction score
I placed an order for a 2024 ZR2 HD in Slate Grey Metallic with a Duramax. Has anyone else here been able to order one yet?
1691311359256.png
1691311464088.png

So unless they have changed the system, it's really not accepted yet. I went through this when I ordered a AT4. We built it in the sales managers office. He said it was accepted and no issues. 3 months later the truck was still waiting to be built with no ETA. Until the order is "Picked up" by the factory you really haven't done anything yet but get on a waiting list. If anything on your build sheet is on constraint, that order won't get picked up until everything is available and that dealer has an allocation for that specific Model/trim. They can't tell you when that will happen. Could be a week, could be 6 months. Lol. They get allocations every Thursday.
The build was scheduled to start aug 28th and I was notified today my build is complete waiting on shipping

That's the basically what he was trying to say to me. Seems like a damned ruse to me. They want me to put down a down payment and they can't even tell me what I'm buying or when I can expect it
Yes build date was aug 28 I received notice today build is complete waiting on shipment now

Reactions: AXE
So my salesman got back to me and said they are waiting for approval on the order from GM. Then he told me his manager said the ZR2 builds are listed as "in constraint" meaning nothing is getting built with that package right now. So no way to estimate build date.

GMs press release did say they'd start building them in August, but maybe they meant the 31st. I tried building one on GMs website, but it said contact dealer. Not sure what's so magical about putting four new shocks and some different bodywork on a truck, but I guess GM thinks so.
build date was aug 28 I received notice today build is complete waiting on shipment now

That Suburban with the Duramax would be the ultimate road tripper. Nothing like crusing in one of those.

Doesn't take much anymore. I've looked at a couple loaded dually rigs and they are close to $100k
We ordered my wife the Tahoe with the Duramax instead

Attachments

• IMG_0528.jpeg
    IMG_0528.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0529.jpeg
    IMG_0529.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0530.jpeg
    IMG_0530.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0532.jpeg
    IMG_0532.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0531.jpeg
    IMG_0531.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0534.jpeg
    IMG_0534.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0535.jpeg
    IMG_0535.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0537.jpeg
    IMG_0537.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0536.jpeg
    IMG_0536.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 15
ZR2Cajun, I order a near twin to this truck Aug !, I ordered mine without the sunroof, they may go down the line together. BTW I wasn't aware of the "veteran discount" I'll have to look into it.
build date was aug 28 I received notice today build is complete waiting on shipment now

Here is a computer generated pic of my build.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpeg
    IMG_0003.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0007.jpeg
    IMG_0007.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0008.jpeg
    IMG_0008.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0011.jpeg
    IMG_0011.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0012.jpeg
    IMG_0012.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 27
We ordered my wife the Tahoe with the Duramax instead
Tahoe looks great. I wish I would have gotten that Duramax in my wife's Tahoe. 6.2L is great for me, but she doesn't see any benefit. That Duramax in a Tahoe or Suburban makes it a perfect rig. They had one when I bought mine, but it was missing some of the equipment like ventilated seats. I didn't want to wait for the retrofit and they still had parts delays.

That tan interior looks really nice. I have had alot of tan interiors and prefer that color. Seen one Tahoe with tan, but it was a very golden hue and I didn't like it. I hope they changed it like in those pictures.

Truck looks good! I am happy to see they did not have the upper portion of the multiflex tailgate a different color. It looked like it was black in the promotion materials. I didn't hate it, but like the monocolor better.

Seems like they are finally making wheels that look good! I don't usually like stock wheels, but those look really good on that truck.

Truck looks good! I am happy to see they did not have the upper portion of the multiflex tailgate a different color. It looked like it was black in the promotion materials. I didn't hate it, but like the monocolor better.

Seems like they are finally making wheels that look good! I don't usually like stock wheels, but those look really good on that truck.
I think the two tone tailgate comes on the Bison

I placed an order for a 2024 ZR2 HD in Slate Grey Metallic with a Duramax. Has anyone else here been able to order one yet?
View attachment 6381View attachment 6382
If you know, can you break down the base models looking to order one and I want to know what I’m talking about before I go to a dealership.
1ck
1lt
3lt
1ltz

If you want to see the codes I think Cajun posted his and it had most of the goods. Another way is to go on the GM inventory website and look at the window stickers for all the builds in transit. There are many now!

If you want to see the codes I think Cajun posted his and it had most of the goods. Another way is to go on the GM inventory website and look at the window stickers for all the builds in transit. There are many now!
I’m trying to find some can you post a link

Headed to the dealer tomorrow to look at placing my 2500 HD ZR2 with the 6.6L gasser. Debating about doing another order for the GMC 2500 HD AT4X with the 6.6L gasser. I like the looks of the 2500 GMC far better, but it's also about $7500 more than the Chevy.

Headed to the dealer tomorrow to look at placing my 2500 HD ZR2 with the 6.6L gasser. Debating about doing another order for the GMC 2500 HD AT4X with the 6.6L gasser. I like the looks of the 2500 GMC far better, but it's also about $7500 more than the Chevy.

Do you know it says GMC on the grill?

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back