Lamin-X Fog Light Tint

ZR2EDDYB

Reaction score
Bought a roll of yellow Lamin-X light tint off of Amazon. A little bit of a learning curve applying it but I am really liking the finished product.
1A374569-9CEC-4244-A9A2-CE694155BE00.jpeg

Looks good, I used this on my 21 Trailboss and it worked well. I bought a piece of amber lamin-X a couple weeks ago for the Zr2 but haven’t put it on yet. Did you remove the fog light or where you able to tuck it around without removing them?

Looks good, I used this on my 21 Trailboss and it worked well. I bought a piece of amber lamin-X a couple weeks ago for the Zr2 but haven’t put it on yet. Did you remove the fog light or where you able to tuck it around without removing them?
I did not remove the fog light which would have probably made for a smoother install. I will say a heat source is important to get the edges wrapped around the lights.

I used the technique suggested in the instructions using purified water to install the fog light tint which I believe affected some of the adhesive on the edges. I did not use water on the side mirror install. Curious to see if there will be any difference between the two.

Thanks for the info, I think I’ll try it without removing the lights first. I have enough extra so if I mess up I can try again. I definitely prefer yellow or amber light in the fog or snow.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of tinting your fog lights and mirror lights?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of tinting your fog lights and mirror lights?
Amber or yellow fog lights help with visibility in fog or snow. It’s less reflective because it has longer wavelengths than white light so it doesn’t wash out your view as much. Here’s a link to a video with a detailed explanation.

I have seen increased visibility in heavy rain with the dogs tinted yellow. I tinted the side mirror lights purely for aesthetics. The clear lens just looked out of place in my opinion.

Do you have pics of the tinted mirror lights? I wanted to black mine out as well

Most Member Reactions

Back