Locked out???

GO2JAIL

Reaction score
I do a lot of hunting/fishing in remote areas. If I lose my keys, how do I get home? I know I can hide a spare copy of the hard key on the outside of the truck but that's not gonna help me get home. I know that I can't stash the spare key fob in the truck, because the truck won't lock. Suggestions???

I do a lot of hunting/fishing in remote areas. If I lose my keys, how do I get home? I know I can hide a spare copy of the hard key on the outside of the truck but that's not gonna help me get home. I know that I can't stash the spare key fob in the truck, because the truck won't lock. Suggestions???
Chevrolet app?

Your phone will get you in, but you won't be able to drive. Not sure other than hiding a key, but that's risky.

You can put the FOB in the truck and lock it with the other FOB. Course taking both Fobs isn't ideal. But I know this works cause my wife can leave her purse and keys in the truck and I can still lock it. Pushing the button on the handle with the FOB inside does nothing.

I haven't tried this on my ZR2 yet. But in my old chevy I would put my keys in the truck and lock it with the app when we went kayaking. if the truck was parked where there was cell signal that is. Not sure though if it works that way with these keys.

Better yet just don't lose your keys, lol. Mine is attached to my belt. It's not coming off if my pants stay on. I do worry about water though.

Reactions: AXE
I sometimes put my keys up on my frame or chassis where it's not easy to see or find. I also do this when hunting or fishing in case one of my kids or buddies returns to the truck first.

Not sure would rely on the app. Out West, there are still places I go where I get no cell service and satellite can be affected by trees and terrain.

I just checked my Chevy IMG_5771.jpg app and it does have options to unlock lock and start your truck

I sometimes put my keys up on my frame or chassis where it's not easy to see or find. I also do this when hunting or fishing in case one of my kids or buddies returns to the truck first.

Not sure would rely on the app. Out West, there are still places I go where I get no cell service and satellite can be affected by trees and terrain.
True That's why I said if you have cell signal. But if you are able to lock it with the app, then you should be able to unlock when you come back.

The other option would be the wireless keypad GM offers. But I'm not sure if those work with the refreshed trucks yet.

Hmmmmm. I bet I can pull the battery out of my spare fob and stash the battery and fob in the truck......!
That may be your safer option....stash them both in separate spots. I got these from Amazon for my airtag I'm sure you can use it to stash the battery and still keep it dry all while making the part look like part of the truck.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most Member Reactions

Back