Locked out???

I know that I can't stash the spare key fob in the truck, because the truck won't lock.
This is NOT a true statement, you can indeed lock one fob in the truck using the lock button on the other fob, so you could stash the key part outside the truck and lock the fob inside with the lock button on the other fob and have a way to get in AND drive home if you were to lose the fob you locked it with.

Use a faraday pouch, it will block the remotes signal like it wasn't in the truck! Use hidden hard key to get in.

I do a lot of hunting/fishing in remote areas. If I lose my keys, how do I get home? I know I can hide a spare copy of the hard key on the outside of the truck but that's not gonna help me get home. I know that I can't stash the spare key fob in the truck, because the truck won't lock. Suggestions???
sounds like you need a 3rd fob to stash in the truck.

This is NOT a true statement, you can indeed lock one fob in the truck using the lock button on the other fob, so you could stash the key part outside the truck and lock the fob inside with the lock button on the other fob and have a way to get in AND drive home if you were to lose the fob you locked it with.
just remove the battery

Haven't used it on this truck yet, but I have a dummy hitch lockbox I have used a lot in the past. It fits in the hitch receiver, has a combo lock and cover so it isn't too obvious what it is.

1709580782252.png

I do a lot of hunting/fishing in remote areas. If I lose my keys, how do I get home? I know I can hide a spare copy of the hard key on the outside of the truck but that's not gonna help me get home. I know that I can't stash the spare key fob in the truck, because the truck won't lock. Suggestions???
I have these great Faraday Cage pouches. You can keep it in the truck and no one or thing will detect it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most Member Reactions

Back