MultiFlex inner tailgate Disable feature

cef2lion

Reaction score
The MultiFlex inner tailgate disable feature didn't work on my 22 ZR2 when I got it. When I held the upper tailgate button in for 3 seconds the inner tailgate just popped open. Tested it a number of times.

I recently got the OTA DRL recall update. GM doesn't publish release notes on fixes included in updates. The recall said there were other things included in the update. Today I thought about checking the inner tailgate disable. It disables now and flashes the taillights as described in the owners manual. It enables again by holding the upper button for 3 seconds. I had read others had posted that there's didn't work as well. The manual does say your MultiFlex tailgate might not have this feature. Thought I would post what I had found. Only thing that had changed was the DRL recall update.

The MultiFlex inner tailgate disable feature didn't work on my 22 ZR2 when I got it. When I held the upper tailgate button in for 3 seconds the inner tailgate just popped open. Tested it a number of times.

I recently got the OTA DRL recall update. GM doesn't publish release notes on fixes included in updates. The recall said there were other things included in the update. Today I thought about checking the inner tailgate disable. It disables now and flashes the taillights as described in the owners manual. It enables again by holding the upper button for 3 seconds. I had read others had posted that there's didn't work as well. The manual does say your MultiFlex tailgate might not have this feature. Thought I would post what I had found. Only thing that had changed was the DRL recall update.
i had the multiflex on my 2021 denali 1500. i found it to be annoying and heavy. not at all ATV load friendly.

Interesting, because my truck was built in June 2022, delivered to dealer in August of 2022 and sat there until February 2023 when I bought it. I've never had an update, so wondering if it was updated during PID.

Everything seems to work pretty good on mine, except sketchy Bluetooth sound cutting out using Pandora. Occasionally have to change channel on SiriusXM to get the sound on after startup.

Attachments

• 20230418_215121.jpg
    20230418_215121.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Interesting, because my truck was built in June 2022, delivered to dealer in August of 2022 and sat there until February 2023 when I bought it. I've never had an update, so wondering if it was updated during PID.

Everything seems to work pretty good on mine, except sketchy Bluetooth sound cutting out using Pandora. Occasionally have to change channel on SiriusXM to get the sound on after startup.
My Sirius was the same way! I have no idea what that did? I have all the updates as well. The last one I did OTA, I can't see anything that it did? I only did the update because of the warning the truck would not be eligible for further ones if I didn't do it. Sometimes, I like to leave things alone that seem to be working properly. I like most of the creature comforts but honestly these vehicles are getting to much tech for me. Some of these features I don't use and I turned them off.

I can also verify this. I got the DRL recall download last week and now my inner tailgate lock now works properly. My truck is also a '22 year model built June of '22 and also delivered in August.

Reactions: AXE
The update first on the list was the for the DRL recall. Pretty sure they did it at purchase.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back