Price of the Silverado ZR2

supersix

Administrator
Founding Member
Reaction score
What do you think the new ZR2 will cost? My guess for a nicely equipped model will be around $65,000.

I hope you're right! That would be a great price point for this truck because it will undercut the other off-road trucks in the category. So it will be a great platform to modify and personalize the truck without having to pay the huge price tags that the Raptor and TRX are getting.

I’ve heard the high country might be 65-70k and zr2 could be a touch more at 72-75k.

I’ve heard the high country might be 65-70k and zr2 could be a touch more at 72-75k.
I sure hope it comes in under $70k, but the way they are pricing trucks these days it could come in even higher than we're expecting!

I sure hope it comes in under $70k, but the way they are pricing trucks these days it could come in even higher than we're expecting!
I hope they do not mess with the price, if it is too close to Raptor and TRX a lot of people including me will go for these other options. There are dealers currently offering 9K discount over MSRP in the TRX, since RAM is not requesting allocation for the 2022, dealers can put as many orders they want.

A good thing it seems GM will not have this f. up allocation system for the ZR2, they are going to produce as many as the demand asks for.

My problem with the TRX is the cost of ownership, compared its price including this 9K discount plus gas for 4 years, it basicly cost the double of a ZR2 projected at 70k. There is also the new Tundra TRD-Pro, but it is ugly.

Wrost case scenerio I going to buy a loaded 2022 Trail Boss, if it includes all safety, tech and confort stuff.

I've been poking around at TRXs as well. What other than gas costs so much to own?

The real gas is 7-9 MPG, ppl on TRX forum said it is hard to get more than 9 on high way. Basicly the gas is double the cost on ZR2. The cost of lease with discount is 200+ more than the Zr2. This ended up giving TRX a 30% difference on cost, was not double I reviewed the numbers here they are:

Zr2 Price$70,000.00Gas Miles Per Year15k
Zr2 Discount$7,000.00
TRX$85,000.00
TRX Discount$9,000.00
Terms (month)48
Down Payment$10,000.00
TruckLease InstallmentLeaseGas4 Years CostMontlhy Cost
ZR2$600.00$38,800.00$12,300.00$51,100.00$1,064.58
TRX$800.00$48,400.00$24,600.00$73,000.00$1,520.83
*Lease value was from vendor calculator on their website for similar model, it includes discounts, downpayment and 10% state tax.

By the way, I was watching the New Tundra TRD Pro review in the link below, they said it was making 80 MGP during the test. It is a prototype, not the official number, but even if it has 50% error, still 40 MGP, that is very compelling. I'm not a big fan of this front end, but with some work it can improve a lot. Saying that based of some renderings that I saw with changes on front bumper, lift and bigger wheels/tires. The Tundra community expects around 50-60K. Only by the numbers on cost benefits this Tundra seems it is going to be the champion of next gen offroad trucks.

Last edited:
That is a really good lease comparison! I figured the TRX fuel economy would be bad, but I wasn't expecting it to be that bad! I have a 5.0L V8 F150 with a 2.9L Whipple Supercharger making about 750hp and I do EVERYTHING with this truck. I drive the wheels off of it and I average about 14 mpg. I recently towed about 8,000+ pounds with it at 70 mph and I averaged 9 mpg. My truck only has 33-inch tires and I know it's really light compared to the TRX, but that's a massive difference for a truck that pretty much performs the same, if not better, than the TRX.

That is a really good lease comparison! I figured the TRX fuel economy would be bad, but I wasn't expecting it to be that bad! I have a 5.0L V8 F150 with a 2.9L Whipple Supercharger making about 750hp and I do EVERYTHING with this truck. I drive the wheels off of it and I average about 14 mpg. I recently towed about 8,000+ pounds with it at 70 mph and I averaged 9 mpg. My truck only has 33-inch tires and I know it's really light compared to the TRX, but that's a massive difference for a truck that pretty much performs the same, if not better, than the TRX.
14 MGP with supercarges is really good numbers, I thought it was under 11. How is the reliability of this supercharges mods?

It's been rock solid! I've towed with it quite a bit and raced just about everything possible. I love clicking it over into 4-auto and leaving people from a dig. It launches really hard and puts all the power down well. I just clicked over 32,000 miles on it and it hasn't missed a beat.

No effect on insurance and I haven't had to test the warranty. I did buy the supercharger kit from Ford and had a Ford tech install it. It's supposed to be covered, but I'm sure if they would try to find a way not to cover a blown engine or something obviously related to the supercharger, but if my power windows go out they have to cover it as the SC doesn't have any effect on that component. I think I also got a two-year warranty with the Whipple Supercharger that would be an overlap if something did happen within those first two years.

The price for the Sierra AT4X (GMC version of ZR2) was released today.
$74,995

That seems pretty high for me, Raptor starting price is 65K, TRX 72K. If ZR2 comes out at this price or anything near, I think it will be bomb on sales.

As reference GM is asking 65K for bizarre facelifted 2022 1500 LT Trail Boss loaded.

Damn, that is pretty steep. I was really hoping the ZR2 would be the more affordable offroader of the bunch so that I could modify it myself and make it the perfect truck.

A fully loaded ZR2 at $70k isn't so bad considering all the off-road goodies it will come with.

A fully loaded ZR2 at $70k isn't so bad considering all the off-road goodies it will come with.
Let see how it goes, I almost put a order for a Rebel for 68K, fully loaded, dropped it because RAM is not accepting builds with some tech components, like adaptive cruiser control, despite their site builder has the option.

Let see how it goes, I almost put a order for a Rebel for 68K, fully loaded, dropped it because RAM is not accepting builds with some tech components, like adaptive cruiser control, despite their site builder has the option.

I think it's worth holding out for a ZR2 over the Rebel. The suspension should be a night and day difference.

I think it's worth holding out for a ZR2 over the Rebel. The suspension should be a night and day difference.
They have no estimative for rebel support of adaptive cruiser control, mean it is a no no for me. If Zr2 ended up too costly, I will look into trailboss if it can come with adaptive cruiser control.

Most Member Reactions

Back