Q's ZR2 Mods

The_Q

Founding Member
Reaction score
Really have been enjoying this truck. The ride is awesome for what the truck is, and having driven a lowered 4th generation single cab Ram R/T for the past 8 years I think I'll leave the suspension alone on the ZR2. The ZR2 was my retirement gift to myself. Since mid June I have done the following modifications.

Xpel UltimatePlus Paint Protection Film entire front end
CeramicPro Gold Package Ceramic coating
Xpel PrimeXR Plus window tint doors and windshield
Chevrolet Emblem mirror puddle lights
BedRug bed floor cover
Gator tri-fold bed cover
Tailgate Step Lighting
Black Chevrolet wheel center caps
Black McGard lugnuts and lock
MGP red ZR2 caliper covers
Blendmount radar detector mount for my MAX360 and M2 dash camera
Kicker subwoofer
Console safe
J&L Catch Can
K&N Drop in replacement filter

Also covered the center console lid for my beagle buddy that like to ride on the console so he can see where we're going.

Attachments

• IMG_3333.jpeg
    IMG_3333.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 1,051
  • IMG_3052.jpeg
    IMG_3052.jpeg
    473.1 KB · Views: 681
  • B0E560A0-C801-40E2-B2D5-283C26D3E918.jpg
    B0E560A0-C801-40E2-B2D5-283C26D3E918.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_3322.jpeg
    IMG_3322.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 753
  • IMG_3427.jpeg
    IMG_3427.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 736
  • 8E7651FA-015E-4108-BED0-75321587CFB7.jpg
    8E7651FA-015E-4108-BED0-75321587CFB7.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_3430.jpeg
    IMG_3430.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG_3431.jpeg
    IMG_3431.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_3433.jpeg
    IMG_3433.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_3434.jpeg
    IMG_3434.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 667
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Really have been enjoying this truck. The ride is awesome for what the truck is, and having driven a lowered 4th generation single cab Ram R/T for the past 8 years I think I'll leave the suspension alone on the ZR2. The ZR2 was my retirement gift to myself. Since mid June I have done the following modifications.

BedRug bed floor cover
Gator tri-fold bed cover
Tailgate Step Lighting
Kicker subwoofer
Console safe
How are you liking the console safe? Any pics?

How are you liking the console safe? Any pics?
Added pictures of the safe to the original post. I just installed it this morning. I carry a firearm everywhere I go. But some government buildings frown on it. It will be nice to know I at least made an effort to secure it when I can't carry it inside with me.

Added pictures of the safe to the original post. I just installed it this morning. I carry a firearm everywhere I go. But some government buildings frown on it. It will be nice to know I at least made an effort to secure it when I can't carry it inside with me.
Same here. Smart move for sure.

Thanks for the list and the pictures. I picked my White ZR2 up two weeks ago. I have couple questions:
  • Did you have the whole hood done in PPF? If so, did you have any paint issues around the cowl? I’m having the front end done (bumper area) but I can’t decide if I should go ahead and do the hood now or wait on a paint fix. I have two small spots on either side of the cowl near the windshield. It‘s not bad and if I can be convinced that PPF would halt the problem, I would probably leave the paint as is and get the hood in PPF.
  • Do you have any vacuum noise associated with the catch can?
So far my mods are window tint and a hard tri-flip tonneau cover. You’ve given me some good ideas.

Thanks for the list and the pictures. I picked my White ZR2 up two weeks ago. I have couple questions:
  • Did you have the whole hood done in PPF? If so, did you have any paint issues around the cowl? I’m having the front end done (bumper area) but I can’t decide if I should go ahead and do the hood now or wait on a paint fix. I have two small spots on either side of the cowl near the windshield. It‘s not bad and if I can be convinced that PPF would halt the problem, I would probably leave the paint as is and get the hood in PPF.
  • Do you have any vacuum noise associated with the catch can?
So far my mods are window tint and a hard tri-flip tonneau cover. You’ve given me some good ideas.
Had the whole hood done. The Xpel PPF kit for the hood is two pieces, hood and scoop. The PPF doesn't go under the scoop. So far my hood doesn't have any issues.

As for the catch can. No vacuum noise at all. Not sure why, but GM changed the routing of the PCV vacuum line. It now goes from the valve cover up to the throttle body area. The J&L kit fit fine, even with this change. If you do the catch can, make sure you oil the o-rings in the fittings before install.

That is awesome. Where did you get those from?

Click on the the word "These" in the post, that will take you to them on the Chevrolet accessories website. As a note, I have found shopchevyparts.com to be a less expensive place to order Chevy accessories from.

BedRug bed floor cover
Gator tri-fold bed cover
Tailgate Step Lighting
Kicker subwoofer
Console safe
J&L Catch Can
K&N Drop in replacement filter

Also covered the center console lid for my beagle buddy that like to ride on the console so he can see where we're going.
two questions: 1) where did you tie into the mirror for power for your radar detector and dash cam? and 2) where did you get the console safe?

Looks great!!

Thanks!

two questions: 1) where did you tie into the mirror for power for your radar detector and dash cam? and 2) where did you get the console safe?

Looks great!!

Thanks!
I ran the radar detector remote power wire across the top and down the passenger side of the windshield. Then tapped into fuse #26 on the passenger side fuse box with a Precision Upfit Micro3 ATM ADD-A-Circuit Fuse Tap Link FUSETAP with 5amp Fuse from Amazon. As the reviews say, it needs a little trimming to fit correctly.

I bought the console safe from ShopChevyParts Even with shipping, they had the best price.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most Member Reactions

Back