Rear View Camera Mirror

How did they damage the rear door panel? Between the 2 ZR2s I can't count how many times I've had the interiors apart, lol. I've never damaged anything. Well I've cut and drilled various holes. But they were all intentional. 😅
All of the damage took place when they had to drop the headliner to remove the sunroof and frame. It's heavy and difficult to maneuver. The passenger side rear portion of the metal sunroof rail hit the B-pillar and the door panel. If it wasn't for having to fully replace my sunroof, I don't believe the damage would have happened. They should have had two techs working together to drop it and remove it versus one. It's really a two man job. My hope is that everything is now "fixed" and I can, once again, enjoy the crap out of my truck. The most fun vehicle I've ever owned next to my McLaren 600LT ;) I got a note from my Service Advisor late yesterday that the door panel has been ordered. Maybe next week I can get r done if it comes in.

Thanks my friend! I do LOVE my truck and whatever they break I hold their feet to the fire to replace. No push back from them and I know this cost them a pretty penny because they can't file it as a warranty claim. The door panel should be in soon and then, hopefully, I can put things to rest for a while:sleep:
Your gonna need a salvage title soon! I'd find a new service dealer.

All of the damage took place when they had to drop the headliner to remove the sunroof and frame. It's heavy and difficult to maneuver. The passenger side rear portion of the metal sunroof rail hit the B-pillar and the door panel. If it wasn't for having to fully replace my sunroof, I don't believe the damage would have happened. They should have had two techs working together to drop it and remove it versus one. It's really a two man job. My hope is that everything is now "fixed" and I can, once again, enjoy the crap out of my truck. The most fun vehicle I've ever owned next to my McLaren 600LT ;) I got a note from my Service Advisor late yesterday that the door panel has been ordered. Maybe next week I can get r done if it comes in.
thats alot of drama....

Anyone having "intermittent" issues with getting their rear camera to display on the mirror? Mine started up all of a sudden. If I do an ignition off and then restart the vehicle, that fixes it every time. Frustrating that I have to turn the truck off and then back on to get my rear view mirror to function about 10% of the time I start my truck now. Just curious is anyone else is experiencing this issue. Thx
Mine actually will suddenly flash then reset. Whole process is maybe 2-3 seconds long. Spooks me every time but it happens almost every time I go out for a drive

Mine actually will suddenly flash then reset. Whole process is maybe 2-3 seconds long. Spooks me every time but it happens almost every time I go out for a drive
Mine is working fine now. I think when they initially messed with my headliner to replace my sunroof, they pinched the cable or did something. Now that it's been completely replaced (headliner) with a new undamaged one, everything has been fine.

Just as a data point, my 24 hasn't so much as flickered that I have noticed, and I had a little trouble focusing on the camera mirror at first, when you look in a standard rearview, you look in the mirror but you instinctively focus on the distant reflection, but with the camera mirror there is no distant focus involved, took my brain a couple days to adjust, but now I love that thing.
That's exactly my experience with the rearview mirror - at first my eyes took a bit to focus but now that I've a few hundred kilometers on my '24, I love the mirror .........couldn't go back to a regular one now ............

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back