Tips & Tricks for the day of delivery?

The X4S is my second one on a truck. Ultra low profile which I like a lot. Easy to use and very weather tight. I'm not big on the folding panel designs. The X4S is solid aluminum with the black vinyl exterior. I really like Retrax covers and I've had three of them. I decided this time I didn't want to lose about 10" of bed space due to the canister.

View attachment 10587
How does the vinyl hold up to FL sun? Any issues with peeling, cracking or delam from the slats?

I had read there Revolver had these issues so was thinking of the MX4. But agree the X4S look sleek which I like.

Reactions: AXE
How does the vinyl hold up to FL sun? Any issues with peeling, cracking or delam from the slats?

I had read there Revolver had these issues so was thinking of the MX4. But agree the X4S look sleek which I like.
Had it for a year now and zero issues at all. If you do have an issue, they will send you a
Brand new one no charge…they have excellent customer service.

They supposedly fixed the delamination issue. However, there are still complaints.

I talked to a couple guys in Arizona and they said they had held up fine. I'm about to find out.

They do look clean and function well.

Attachments

• 20231113_114331.jpg
    20231113_114331.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 20
What is L9 tow mode?
Enter manual mode on console shifter by pulling it reward. Then change gears 1-10 using paddles behind steering wheel. Tow haul mode is a button with a trailer symbol on it next to the light switch know. It gives you the advantage of higher rpms and more torque as you control shift points. Have fun!

Last edited:
They supposedly fixed the delamination issue. However, there are still complaints.

I talked to a couple guys in Arizona and they said they had held up fine. I'm about to find out.

They do look clean and function well.
That is correct. In addition, years ago, they had an issue where the aluminum slats could come apart and create a slight wave in the cover. I had one of those. They said they were ware of the issue and engineering has fixed the manufacturing issue and sent me a new cover no charge. I had to drill three holes in the old one and send them the pics showing it was actually destroyed after I received it. Excellent customer service and I think this cover is, by far, much better than the folding panel designs and I love the look of an ultra-low bed profile too.

Most Member Reactions

Back