Tire sling

Kkazika

Reaction score
I’m embarrassed to admit I’m learning the hard way what it’s like having a white truck, I’ve only ever had black trucks, and made a big mistake! I put Tire Wet on my tires and now have tire sling stained into the rocker paint. It came off the normal paint pretty easy but nothing I’ve tried has even lightened the stains on the textured paint on the bottom of the doors. So far I’ve tried a multi purpose cleaner, rubbing alcohol, paint thinner, gasoline, and a clay bar.

Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated!

Rubbing compound should pull it off. Interesting that tire dressing burned the clear.

I always let my truck sit overnight once I apply the bacon grease.

Hope you get it solved!

Last edited:
I've been using Chadwick's Triple Play No Sling tire dressing for years. It's the best I've ever used. I think it's out of production now though as you can't find it in stock anywhere. They have a new product called X Sling but I haven't used it.

1665492248359.png

Adam's Graphene tire dressing is pretty good too. Whatever you use, spray it on an applicator pad and not the tire. I always go over the tires with an applicator pad and if it looks too wet, I'll use a microfiber fiber towel to knock it down and dry it up some.

I’m embarrassed to admit I’m learning the hard way what it’s like having a white truck, I’ve only ever had black trucks, and made a big mistake! I put Tire Wet on my tires and now have tire sling stained into the rocker paint. It came off the normal paint pretty easy but nothing I’ve tried has even lightened the stains on the textured paint on the bottom of the doors. So far I’ve tried a multi purpose cleaner, rubbing alcohol, paint thinner, gasoline, and a clay bar.

This is my first vehicle that it white as well. Never had this issue with any other color. I too have a bunch of lil spots all over the lower paint. I'm afraid to use anything and I only had it for a month lol

I have the same thing on my white zr2. Tire dressing from car wash stained the bottom textured paint and I can’t get it off either.

Most Member Reactions

Back