Trim Problems

AXE

Reaction score
I've been looking at my truck a little closer and noticed a few trim pieces that were not installed correctly.

The filler trim piece between the headlight and bumper is tilted out of place. It moves some, but doesn't seem to want to sit square with body panel. May have to come up through the back behind wheel well liner.

The trim piece between the roof and door frame is also tilted out of place towards the back of cab. I think it uses double sided tape, so had to be pulled and replaced. I may just leave it since I can't see it and it seems solid.

My 4x4 switch is also out of place and a little loose. I assume I can get up underneath the lower dash and push/snap it into place.

They need to tighten up that assembly line in Mexico.

Attachments

• 20230329_200844.jpg
    20230329_200844.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 20230329_200809.jpg
    20230329_200809.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 122
  • 20230328_115714.jpg
    20230328_115714.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 122
I've been looking at my truck a little closer and noticed a few trim pieces that were not installed correctly.

The filler trim piece between the headlight and bumper is tilted out of place. It moves some, but doesn't seem to want to sit square with body panel. May have to come up through the back behind wheel well liner.

The trim piece between the roof and door frame is also tilted out of place towards the back of cab. I think it uses double sided tape, so had to be pulled and replaced. I may just leave it since I can't see it and it seems solid.

My 4x4 switch is also out of place and a little loose. I assume I can get up underneath the lower dash and push/snap it into place.

Yo no hablo english.....

My dash switches right underneath the center screen doesn't line up on the left with the dash. It's been irking me since prior to delivery.

Attachments

• 20230331_095436.jpg
    20230331_095436.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: AXE
The dealership installers aren't much better. They screwed up tint on two windows. One on mine and one on wife's Tahoe. Then they put a scratch on my wife's Tahoe replacing the rear emblem, then made it worse fixing it. I fixed it myself. Hard to believe what passes for quality work nowadays.

This was at the second store of the dealership I use. The other store has been exceptional for me for nearly 3 decades. It's like a different world.

I ended up getting $500 credit back on each vehicle. Gonna use it to replace some worn parts on my steering on my Dmax.

Last edited:
Totally agree...was being facetious. Quality, in general, is in the crapper in just about all industries. No one seems to care like they did many years ago.
Agreed! I've seen a lot of crap work in many areas. I'm still grinding it out trying not to be like that, but I swear you wonder sometimes if some people will have pride in their work again.

My Dad is 78 years old and doesn't have to work another day. Like his Dad, he still gets up most days and finds a way to be productive. On the days he's not productive, he's pretty good at pointing out everyone that isn't........LOL.

I was able to pull the fuse panel and reach up behind the 4x4 switch and snap it into place. It's a tight squeeze if you have big mitts, but doable if your fingers are long enough. Probably do the same with a screwdriver or something else along those lines.

Also, that trim piece below the headlight is held in place by three plastic push style body pins and an alignment pin. My alignment pin was cracked, but I got it back in place. You can half ass reach the back of it from the fender well, but I ended pulling the trim piece out the front and then realigned everything. Still seems a little loose, but so does the other side. Kinda a POS design, probably ladt for 30 days after the warranty is up.

I was able to pull the fuse panel and reach up behind the 4x4 switch and snap it into place. It's a tight squeeze if you have big mitts, but doable if your fingers are long enough. Probably do the same with a screwdriver or something else along those lines.

Also, that trim piece below the headlight is held in place by three plastic push style body pins and an alignment pin. My alignment pin was cracked, but I got it back in place. You can half ass reach the back of it from the fender well, but I ended pulling the trim piece out the front and then realigned everything. Still seems a little loose, but so does the other side. Kinda a POS design, probably ladt for 30 days after the warranty is up.
The 4WD panel being improperly seated happened on both of my ZR2's. I just gingerly tugged on the mode wheel and it snapped into place.

Reactions: AXE
As long it is not looking off or bad at glance, I am all good. If we start looking deeper more disappointment. I have done in the past. No vehicle is perfect and also I believe not all have same level of accuracy at assembly line. Someone is prone to make error.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally hit your knee on the 4x4 knob?

I like how this vehicle drives. It is so smooth and interior is comfy and looks great so far to me.

I used to watch an ex Toyota engineer on YT, who does quality analysis of vehicles assembled in US and Japan. Surprisingly, there were some big differences in quality.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back