Ultimate9 Throttle Controller is truly the ULTIMATE!!!

Should have my unit tomorrow (fast shipping!). Anything I should be aware of while installing? Assuming it is very straight forward.

Should have my unit tomorrow (fast shipping!). Anything I should be aware of while installing? Assuming it is very straight forward.
You simply unplug the wiring harness connected to the pedal and then plugin the Ultimate9 harness in between the connection that you just unplugged. There should be a red tab that you slide first before you can unplug the harness.

Having an issue where the truck will want to jump out when going from parked to reverse. The minimum throttle needed to get it moving, really gets it moving. I'm using mostly ultimate5-6. Anyone else seeing this?

Having an issue where the truck will want to jump out when going from parked to reverse. The minimum throttle needed to get it moving, really gets it moving. I'm using mostly ultimate5-6. Anyone else seeing this?
I am on Ultimate 7 which is where I found my sweet spot to be. I have had zero issues when going from PARK to REV. Check the pins on the plug to ensure nothing was bent during install. If the issue is a concern, call Ultimate9 for assistance. They have great customer service.

Finally got a chance to install the Ultimate 9 throttle controller and wow!

Install was easy. The App feature is wast to use. And the throttle response using the Ultimate 9 as compared to factory settings is mind blowing.

One slight touch and the truck lifts up. I decided to set mine at 5-6 for everyday use.

The lock and unlock feature is amazing. These trucks are hot commodities. I appreciate being able to lock the throttle out adding just a little more security when in shady places.

Finally got a chance to install the Ultimate 9 throttle controller and wow!

Install was easy. The App feature is wast to use. And the throttle response using the Ultimate 9 as compared to factory settings is mind blowing.

One slight touch and the truck lifts up. I decided to set mine at 5-6 for everyday use.

The lock and unlock feature is amazing. These trucks are hot commodities. I appreciate being able to lock the throttle out adding just a little more security when in shady places.
Happy to hear you like it my friend. I wouldn't steer anyone wrong. The LOCK feature is a game changer and one no other manufacturer has.

Loving the lock feature as well. My only complaint, and this just be me getting used to it, is that is seems to mess with how the transmission shifts. Just harder to get a smooth shifts.

Loving the lock feature as well. My only complaint, and this just be me getting used to it, is that is seems to mess with how the transmission shifts. Just harder to get a smooth shifts.
Actually, it does nothing to the tranny. It's all about throttle response and, based on the setting you choose, it can make it feel like the tranny is shifting differently.

Actually, it does nothing to the tranny. It's all about throttle response and, based on the setting you choose, it can make it feel like the tranny is shifting differently.
Yeah I figured it was just the increased throttle response that was making it feel different, I'm still adjusting to it.

Thanks for sharing this Ultimate9 gadget. I love that you can lock out the pedal for the uneducated car thief. All the other feature are a blast as well.

I do agree with what you are feeling. I have had the unit on my truck for a couple weeks now. Started at 5/6 and dropped down to 3. I currently have it set on FACTORY and it the acceleration and shifts feel much more smooth.

Toying with taking the unit off and selling it.

I do agree with what you are feeling. I have had the unit on my truck for a couple weeks now. Started at 5/6 and dropped down to 3. I currently have it set on FACTORY and it the acceleration and shifts feel much more smooth.

Toying with taking the unit off and selling it.
WOW! After having the U9, there is no way in hell I could go back to the factory setting...it's such a DOG!

Reactions: AXE
Definitely reduces some lag. But, I also feel like it increases the transmission gear hunting.
Interesting in that I have not experienced that al all since it has no direct impact on the tranny other than throttle position..

Definitely reduces some lag. But, I also feel like it increases the transmission gear hunting.
Strange, I’ve had mine a couple of weeks now. I haven’t experienced any “gear hunting” or harder shifts. I have it set at Ultimate 5. I was skeptical of the device for a longtime. I read @securityguy’s posts, but just couldn’t justify it to myself. When I read about the throttle locking feature and Black Friday sale, I figured I’d give it a try. Very happy I did. Not all devices are for everyone, but Ultimate9 has a good return policy.

Interesting in that I have not experienced that al all since it has no direct impact on the tranny other than throttle position..
it’s my understanding that increased throttle position would affect the transmission especially when maintaining speed or rolling acceleration. The transmission is shifting down sooner and further with less throttle input when compared to Factory.

I am not knocking the product. It does exactly what is advertised.

Strange, I’ve had mine a couple of weeks now. I haven’t experienced any “gear hunting” or harder shifts. I have it set at Ultimate 5. I was skeptical of the device for a longtime. I read @securityguy’s posts, but just couldn’t justify it to myself. When I read about the throttle locking feature and Black Friday sale, I figured I’d give it a try. Very happy I did. Not all devices are for everyone, but Ultimate9 has a good return policy.
Agreed. Personal preference with the new feel of the truck.

it’s my understanding that increased throttle position would affect the transmission especially when maintaining speed or rolling acceleration. The transmission is shifting down sooner and further with less throttle input when compared to Factory.

I am not knocking the product. It does exactly what is advertised.
That is correct! Anything you do that alters throttle position and rpms is going to affect the transmission. That's just how the system works together. This product is only telling the injectors to get moving because the Throttle Position Sensor is advancing more quickly now that the lawyers have been bypassed.

I'm not sure why anyone would need this product unless your not sure how to use the paddle shifters and bang through some gears. These paddle shifters are in this rig for this reason.

Disconnect that gimmick and get back in and put it in manual and bang through gears from 1 to 7. Don't let the rpms get below 3000, preferably 3500 and try to shift about 5800 before it hits the limiter. It shifts smoother If make a slight pause after getting off the throttle for about 1/2 second. If that's not enough, put it in tow/haul mode and do it again. Then report back with your results.

If I launch in 1st gear, I gotta grab second so fast because I can't see the road anymore.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back