Ultimate9 Throttle Controller is truly the ULTIMATE!!!

Received my Ultimate9 evcX530 yesterday. I've had a chance to do a bunch of driving around and playing with the settings and I REALLY LOVE this thing. WOW!!! What a difference in throttle response and how the truck drives now. I've had Pedal Commanders in the past and this puts the PC to shame along with the Sprint Booster. 5-minute install and you can either mount and use the microcontroller (as seen in my pics...very small), or you can also use it via Bluetooth with an app on your phone with or without the microcontroller installed for a stealth appearance. It also has a LOCK feature that locks out the accelerator pedal in case someone tries to steal your truck...the pedal will not function. If you are interested in bringing your ZR2 to life and eliminate throttle lag that these trucks have, this is a must buy and I highly recommend it!

View attachment 1623
View attachment 1624
does this thiing get rid of my max speed oof 96 mph

Reactions: AXE
Received my Ultimate9 evcX530 yesterday. I've had a chance to do a bunch of driving around and playing with the settings and I REALLY LOVE this thing. WOW!!! What a difference in throttle response and how the truck drives now. I've had Pedal Commanders in the past and this puts the PC to shame along with the Sprint Booster. 5-minute install and you can either mount and use the microcontroller (as seen in my pics...very small), or you can also use it via Bluetooth with an app on your phone with or without the microcontroller installed for a stealth appearance. It also has a LOCK feature that locks out the accelerator pedal in case someone tries to steal your truck...the pedal will not function. If you are interested in bringing your ZR2 to life and eliminate throttle lag that these trucks have, this is a must buy and I highly recommend it!

View attachment 1623
View attachment 1624
After running this for a while has the truck ever gone into limp mode ? I had a pedal commander on my 6.2l High Country and I ended up removing it and selling it on ebay because my truck would go into limp mode at least 2 to 3 times a week.

After running this for a while has the truck ever gone into limp mode ? I had a pedal commander on my 6.2l High Country and I ended up removing it and selling it on ebay because my truck would go into limp mode at least 2 to 3 times a week.
I have had mine for quite a while and no issues whatsoever. Highly recommend. That is a known issue with the PC on several types of vehicles.

Had a question about the throttle response improvement. Is it that much of a difference in L9 mode or just in D? I haven't noticed any hesitation when bypassing the cylinder deactivation (L9).

Had a question about the throttle response improvement. Is it that much of a difference in L9 mode or just in D? I haven't noticed any hesitation when bypassing the cylinder deactivation (L9).
L9 in tow haul mode is the business?

Hesitation and throttle lag are very different. I drive in Tow/Haul 100% of the time with the Ultimate9 set to Ultimate 7...LOVE IT!

Not the same at all.

Not the same at all.
Hesitation is a broad term; you apply the throttle and the response is less than optimal for the vehicle. There could be a number of reasons for that, one of which is poor throttle response whether it's a linkage problem or a ghost in the machine. I was asking if people installing the Ultimate9 improved throttle response in L9 mode or just D because I thought the stock setup in L9 was pretty responsive.

Hesitation is a broad term; you apply the throttle and the response is less than optimal for the vehicle. There could be a number of reasons for that, one of which is poor throttle response whether it's a linkage problem or a ghost in the machine. I was asking if people installing the Ultimate9 improved throttle response in L9 mode or just D because I thought the stock setup in L9 was pretty responsive.
I installed mine several weeks ago after reading the testimonials here. It is the one upgrade that will bring a smile to your face (Other than lift or wheels). It wakes up this 6.2L like you cannot imagine. And with all the modes and levels it is a bargain. I absolutely love mine and cannot imagine driving without it.

Just bought one of these bad boys too. Its actually on sale ($50 off) right now, not sure for how long.

Just bought one of these bad boys too. Its actually on sale ($50 off) right now, not sure for how long.
Please share your thoughts once you get it installed. Mine shipped from Houston and arrived in like 2 days. Prepare to be mind blown. 😃

Thought I'd share this with you guys. As you know, I was the first to install the Ultimate 9 controller and, since that time, several of you have taken the plunge and praised its responsiveness. Well...I forgot to select "FACTORY" mode when I took her in this morning. The tech jumps into the truck and was like WOW!!! WTF :oops: He didn't see the controller but looked at the accelerator and saw the connection to the controller. He said this thing was amazing and gave it high praise. Just for giggles, I set it to factory mode on the initial drive home to recall what stock was like. It was a frickin DOG and miserable to drive. I put it back on Utlimate 7 and the smile on my face was ear to ear once again.

If you have yet to try one of these, you owe it to yourself as you will never drive another truck again without one. I like the Ultimate9 evcX versus others (and I have tried 4 different kinds over the past few years) because it has a VALET mode for one; two, you can totally disconnect the controller from the vehicle and the unit still works; and three it has an ANTI-THEFT capability so if someone tries to steal your truck the accelerator pedal is disabled. No other unit on the market has this capability. It is well worth another $100 give or take IMPO. I get nothing from promoting these guys other than the satisfaction of turning each of you onto a product that does exactly what is says and wakes up the truck like nothing in the price range could ever do.

Happy motoring guys!

Thought I'd share this with you guys. As you know, I was the first to install the Ultimate 9 controller and, since that time, several of you have taken the plunge and praised its responsiveness. Well...I forgot to select "FACTORY" mode when I took her in this morning. The tech jumps into the truck and was like WOW!!! WTF :oops: He didn't see the controller but looked at the accelerator and saw the connection to the controller. He said this thing was amazing and gave it high praise. Just for giggles, I set it to factory mode on the initial drive home to recall what stock was like. It was a frickin DOG and miserable to drive. I put it back on Utlimate 7 and the smile on my face was ear to ear once again.

If you have yet to try one of these, you owe it to yourself as you will never drive another truck again without one. I like the Ultimate9 evcX versus others (and I have tried 4 different kinds over the past few years) because it has a VALET mode for one; two, you can totally disconnect the controller from the vehicle and the unit still works; and three it has an ANTI-THEFT capability so if someone tries to steal your truck the accelerator pedal is disabled. No other unit on the market has this capability. It is well worth another $100 give or take IMPO. I get nothing from promoting these guys other than the satisfaction of turning each of you onto a product that does exactly what is says and wakes up the truck like nothing in the price range could ever do.

Happy motoring guys!
I’d pay Double what they are asking but don’t tell them that! You could literally launch your truck through the garage wall if you are not careful. This thing needs a Product of the Year award.

Happy motoring guys!
im prob one of a few who are not off roading my ZR2. i like it for its soeed and balls with the Borla setup. you got me thinking i should level up and go with the controller now. i just dont want to aggravate the lifter ticking time bomb. hmmmm!!

im prob one of a few who are not off roading my ZR2. i like it for its soeed and balls with the Borla setup. you got me thinking i should level up and go with the controller now. i just dont want to aggravate the lifter ticking time bomb. hmmmm!!
You will not regret buying it...I guarantee it!

Most Member Reactions

Back