Ultimate9 Throttle Controller is truly the ULTIMATE!!!

securityguy

Reaction score
Received my Ultimate9 evcX530 yesterday. I've had a chance to do a bunch of driving around and playing with the settings and I REALLY LOVE this thing. WOW!!! What a difference in throttle response and how the truck drives now. I've had Pedal Commanders in the past and this puts the PC to shame along with the Sprint Booster. 5-minute install and you can either mount and use the microcontroller (as seen in my pics...very small), or you can also use it via Bluetooth with an app on your phone with or without the microcontroller installed for a stealth appearance. It also has a LOCK feature that locks out the accelerator pedal in case someone tries to steal your truck...the pedal will not function. If you are interested in bringing your ZR2 to life and eliminate throttle lag that these trucks have, this is a must buy and I highly recommend it!

ZR2 Ultimate9.jpg

ZR2 Ultimate9a.jpg

I've always had programmers or performance tunes put on my vehicles but never a throttle controller. I took a look at this one and it looks great. The one benefit that intrigued me is the Valet mode. I can see my driving score on a app for my car and the last time I valeted my car, I noticed that the valet took it for a hot lap with several triggers for 'hard acceleration'. I think I need to buy this!!!

I've always had programmers or performance tunes put on my vehicles but never a throttle controller. I took a look at this one and it looks great. The one benefit that intrigued me is the Valet mode. I can see my driving score on a app for my car and the last time I valeted my car, I noticed that the valet took it for a hot lap with several triggers for 'hard acceleration'. I think I need to buy this!!!
I am really loving this thing and you can change modes on the fly as well and really "feel" the difference as you switch from one mode to another or from one level to another like level 3 in a specific mode to level 6. Money Back Guarantee so no one has anything to lose by trying it out. I LOVE the small size of the controller and it fits perfectly to the right of the steering column as shown in my pictures. You can also put it back into FACTORY (stock) mode to really feel what this thing is capable of.

The EVCX for 2019 4th GEN is the one you bought Securityguy? There seems to be a couple options I want to make sure I get the right one. MPN: X530

Last edited:
Sure it's not the ecvx536? Unless the 530 is sold out. I'm not seeing it. Can you post the direct link? Thanks
Nope...ecvX530 for our truck. Select a 2022 Silverado in the Select Vehicle section. Select the ecvX series controller and then add it to your cart and you will see what I posted below.

2023-01-30_07-30-30.jpg

Mine just showed up this morning going to try and install today! Anything to look out for securityguy are pretty straight forward?

Attachments

• PXL_20230130_214110041.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230130_214110041.MP.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20230130_214118829.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230130_214118829.MP.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 43
Should be pretty straight forward. All you'll need are a few wire ties. I had a tad difficulty getting the OEM connector off the throttle after pulling up on the red tab since your hand is in a bit of an awkward spot, but that was the hardest part of all. Looking forward to you playing with it and your feedback. I am running this week in ADAPT mode and getting used to it. Otherwise, I like Ultimate mode around 5-6. Should take no longer than 10 minutes.

If I understand correctly you can use it with just the app right? I don't want the controller actually out and visible on my dash.

If I understand correctly you can use it with just the app right? I don't want the controller actually out and visible on my dash.
Yep...you don't even have to plug in the controller other than to get the pairing code...get it going and then disconnect it.

Just installed mine everything went great no errors. I don't want the actual controller visible, it functions fine with just the app. I routed the controller wire to just above the OBD 2 port incase I need it. Set it to ULT 6 per securityguys recommendation, going to do some test driving later today to and mess with it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230131_170719823.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230131_170719823.MP.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 224
  • PXL_20230131_170727422.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230131_170727422.MP.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 222
  • PXL_20230131_170916843.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230131_170916843.MP.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 223
Just installed mine everything went great no errors. I don't want the actual controller visible, it functions fine with just the app. I routed the controller wire to just above the OBD 2 port incase I need it. Set it to ULT 6 per @securityguys recommendation, going to do some test driving later today to and mess with it.
Try it in ADAPT mode too...that's where mines been for the last several days.

Have you tried the 1 pedal driving from terrain mode with the controller? I was just thinking about that and wondering if the controller could cause any issues. I will try today and see what happens.

Have you tried the 1 pedal driving from terrain mode with the controller? I was just thinking about that and wondering if the controller could cause any issues. I will try today and see what happens.
If it did, then put it in FACTORY mode and done!

I just did some parking lot driving 4-Lo, all 4 locked and Terrain mode with controller set to factory and in Ult 6. Everything seemed to run and function just fine.

Most Member Reactions

Back